STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenmohrhardt

Has anyone seen STARS appearing on Flightradar24 or similar radar programs. I believe Link Centre can monitor on Sky Tracker but I have never seen them on Flightradar24 based on internet.
I live in Fort McMurray, and last week l noticed for the first time on Flightradar24 what I believe was our STARS out on call watched the helicopter
Fly southwest of town.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
The one time I remembered to look at Flight Radar 24 after a STAR 3 dispatch I saw nothing. Then the Link Center told them that the flight wasn't showing up on Sky Tracker. They told them to do manual location reports. Edmonton area call.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
GLLS is the third H145, and was revealed in Saskatoon last week. LLS stands for Land of Living Skies.

VE6BRW

Still trying to figure out how the flight crews are alerted?
I hear them being paged, but don't believe it's MD1200, sound are slow and rapid tones/beeps usually 2 sets of 4 or 5

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
They generally test their tones around 2100. I'm not into tones, but they do get some tones when they are alerted to a possible flight. Then a different set of tones when they are dispatched. First set of tones are slower than the dispatch tones [at least in Calgary].

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
They generally test their tones around 2100. I'm not into tones, but they do get some tones when they are alerted to a possible flight. Then a different set of tones when they are dispatched. First set of tones are slower than the dispatch tones [at least in Calgary].

It’s the same in Edmonton as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.