STARTECH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

HI.

Hi All.

I actually need a 3 foot version of this accessory instead of 1 foot...I did a search on Amazon.ca and found a few results but if I could ask if someone could double check for me so that I order the correct accessory I'd really appreciate it...I want to order from amazon.ca

Thanks Sheldon.

se

ITEM.

Hi.

Is that Item in your link from Amazon.ca $113.00 CAN? Ive never shopped on Amazon.ca before so Im green behind the gills about it.

Sheldon.

se

THIS ITEM?

Hello All.

I hope no one in here is too P.O'd at me for my more recent questions, but will this Uniden cable let me accomplish using the virtual control in ARC536PRO software?

Sheldon.

lost_in_maine

Hi.

Is that Item in your link from Amazon.ca $113.00 CAN? Ive never shopped on Amazon.ca before so Im green behind the gills about it.

Sheldon.

$113.00? Shows up here as $31.83 and about what I paid...This is the exact same cable I been using....
Why do you think it won't work?

se

Serial t0 usb cable.

Hello All.

Regarding my earlier posts about a female DB9 9 pin Serial to USB cable for my BCD536hp, which brand of this cable is the overall best one and who makes a 3 or 4 foot length of this cable?

Thanks Sheldon.

lost_in_maine

Sheldon, I don't know what else I can tell you...I've sent you several links, all work, but you are still on the fence about it...
My cable, in my VERY first link is about 3-4 ft long...and works....
Maybe somebody else can explain it better.....

se

CABLE.

Hi.

I tried to buy that cable tonight from your original post but Im having problems getting Amazon to accept the shipping address where I want the cable sent to. Its BS to me but I saved that item in my shopping cart on Amazon and Ill try again tomorrow. Have you had problems buying something from Amazon?

Sheldon.

se

Startech accessory.

Hi All.

I received my StarTech 1 Port FTDI USB to RS232 Null Modem Adapter today and upon trying to connect the cable to the scanner, the screw on the right side of the cable screws in tightly all the way but the screw on the lef side doesnt seem to want to tighten up like the right screw does. Should I just keep on trying? I chatted with StarTech live tech support and they told me that the connection should still be a solid one even if I only have the one screw tightened all the way...Can anybody confirm this? I tried to use the virtual control of the ARC software but it says it did not detect the scanner.

Sheldon.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I never screw them in unless it's for something permanent - been using RS232 for over 20 years.

Hi All.

I received my StarTech 1 Port FTDI USB to RS232 Null Modem Adapter today and upon trying to connect the cable to the scanner, the screw on the right side of the cable screws in tightly all the way but the screw on the lef side doesnt seem to want to tighten up like the right screw does. Should I just keep on trying? I chatted with StarTech live tech support and they told me that the connection should still be a solid one even if I only have the one screw tightened all the way...Can anybody confirm this? I tried to use the virtual control of the ARC software but it says it did not detect the scanner.

Sheldon.

se

Hi.

Hi All.

Stupid me...I discovered that I was trying to connect my StarTech cable into my BCD536hp upside down. :p I dont mess with those kinds of cables too often so I'm a little green behind the gills with them. So after I think I connected the cable the proper way I was able to tighten up both screws on either side of RS'232 end I made sure that it seemingly couldnt easily pull out. And I think I have the proper serial drivers from Uniden installed but I still am not able to use the Virtual Control of the ARC software. I currently have both the StarTech cable and the UNIDEN USB cable connected. What else am I doing wrong?

Sheldon

Status
Not open for further replies.