starting out small,., really small,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcb4ep

ok i really new to the hobby and have been enjoying,, i have one unit, bct 8 trunk tracker 3.. the antenna is from radio shack, i have storm windows so i realized no sticking it to one side and applying the other to get the proper signal, so i just wrapped it together with a shoestring. i'm in wagoner picking up tulsa a 40 mile stretch with what is shown, i will have a different antenna in the next month. my focus in the 150's and 400's.
thanks for looking,, and if you have advice feel free to write,,

Attachments

• CRIM0029.jpg
    CRIM0029.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 398
  • CRIM0030.jpg
    CRIM0030.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 436

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
that was funny,, i see your in charlotte,, i use to live in kannapolis. its probably annexed by charlotte by now..

Almost, the Charlotte hamfest will be moving to Concord next year to bring more people to the dark side :D

kirka127

you should have your antenna facing up and down (vertical) not horizontal. other then that good start.
Kirk

tcb4ep

you should have your antenna facing up and down (vertical) not horizontal. other then that good start.
Kirk

the reason i didnt try vertical is its fairly close to the ceiling and didnt want to bend it at the time, as i was not sure if would have met my "to get by" expectations,, but it has,, i will angle it closer to the ceiling,,
thank you,..

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I started out smaller than that; with a Uniden BC72XLT hand held. The BCT8 was my second scanner and it's my workhorse scanner.

In no time at all that one radio will turn into 5, 10 or more radios.

I'll be stepping up to the big leagues soon when I go digital (at least I hope it will be soon LOL).

SSSG :)

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Its only the beginning.......

As long as it works for you, cool! We all started out like that in one way or another. Enjoy it!

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.