• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Starting up KAS-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
Hello, Im in the process of getting our fire company setup with KAS-20. After downloading the LMC and authenticating the software and setting up the SQL server, I still get an error on KAS-20S of "The database is not installed. To start KAS-20s, it is necessary to install the database". After clicking OK, which is the only option, the program closes. I never got the first time start up option as stated in the directions. Any help on how to get past this would be appreciated!

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
You need to go into KAS-20S and finish setting up the database before you log into the client side.

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
SO I messed around a bit, followed the instructions to the T, I still cannot edit, or even create a database. @kd4efm, in the manual it talks about the first start up of KAS-20S, itll give me the option to create a database, yet I have never had this option. This computer has never seen KAS-20S before. Any idea?

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
So on the first computer I was running SQL Express 2019, I reinstalled on a slightly older computer using SQL Express 2014 following the instructions to the T and it worked for me. I have it about 90% up and running on my test radio, now I need to figure out why my 5700 is reporting my location as all zeros, or null. Does the Consol or Server radio need GPS too to decode? The console and server computer are NX700's and my test radio is a NX5700. Using NXDN conventional over a simplex channel. Can send .dat file if needed.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
do you have the gps antenna on the 5700??

do you have a soft button labels GPS POSI? if you, what does it show?

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
Yes I have a KRA-40GM hooked up to the 5700, GPS signal aquired and its displaying the correct coordinates and altitude. Im not sure why its not making it to the computer running KAS20

Status
Not open for further replies.