Starts, reboots, starts, reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I think the SD is toast. Scanner tells me, for the first time, to clear used data. I have checked display all drives, but nothing is in the window to select.
Did you Write to Scanner after you did this? You have to put your programming back on the card since it's wiped out.

He can't write to the scanner if Sentinel won't recognize the card for the clear user data function.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I think the SD is toast. Scanner tells me, for the first time, to clear used data. I have checked display all drives, but nothing is in the window to select.
Are you certain that your scanner was connected to your PC in the mass storage mode when you tried the "clear user data" function?

bep

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the late reply, was traveling. New card to arrive tomorrow, thankfully. I can get the scanner into mass storage, computer recognizes it, but as I stated earlier the card does not display as an option to have it selected. Will advise what happens tomorrow when the card arrives. Thank goodness for my G5

smithken

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the late reply, was traveling. New card to arrive tomorrow, thankfully. I can get the scanner into mass storage, computer recognizes it, but as I stated earlier the card does not display as an option to have it selected. Will advise what happens tomorrow when the card arrives. Thank goodness for my G5

I'm a little late but you should have ordered a few cards. I always have 2 cards with the same data on them just in case one fails. If I'm traveling with the scanner I usually have 3 or 4 cards with the same data on them.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for the advise. It turns out it was the card. I utilized same cables and formatting, the original card just would not show up to be selected. New card came right up. Dewey, I checked the recording options and it was set to not record. Going to try and look up when I bought this radio to see how long the card was in there. Thanks all again. At least I had the G5, but will order several more cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.