the hospitals they are going to?? MSP uses 47.66...what frequency does Statcom
use???

Jack

Dank

Last edited:

K3ONW

In This Part Of South Central Pa, Stat Is Dispatched
On 159.480 (pl 103.3)

If The Helo Is Requested By A Local Dispatch Center, (for A Crash Etc) County Dispatch Provides The Frequency And Tone So They Can Communicate With Ground Units Upon Arrival At The Scene.

When The Helo Leaves The Scene, They Switch To A
Different Frequency To Communicate With The Hospital To Provide Patient Info. This Frequency Belongs To The Hospital. In My Case, If They Transport To York
Hospital, They Will Be On 155.205.. If They Transport
To Hershey Med Center, They Will Be On 155.355....

Up Here, Stat 13 Is Based At York Airport And Stat 12
Is Based In Hagerstown, Md

Have Fun......

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Fyi

STAT Medevac operates the Johns Hopkins Medical Center helicopter, which is now based at the Baltimore Marine Center heliport on Clinton Street in Canton. I think they mainly do interhospital transports, which usually doesn't involve A/C to ER comms.

csvff78

STAT Medevac is based here in PIttsburgh. They use 155.265 PL 103.5, and recently have started some operations on 159.480 PL 103.5. They use Med ch. 2 463.025 PL 100.0 for med reports on a pretty regular basis here. They have extended their coverage considerably. They are pretty much capable of any freq, and I have even heard them using P25 digital on 159.480. I would think they would be on a med channel used in the area of operations, VHF or UHF. They do run some UHF links from Oakland to outlying areas. 463.1375 PL 118.8 and 463.1375 PL 123.0 have been a couple I have found.

I was able to decode STAT Medevac 1 1433.4/1395, STAT Medevac 16 1321.3/1395, And STAT Medevac 2 1285.8/1395 followed by 1395 long tone.

Since this is a Maryland forum, I feel compelled to leave with this thought.
HERE WE GO STEELERS.... HERE WE GO!!!!

Frank K3FSS
http://www.geocities.com/csvff78/pghradio.html

Dank

Stat helo enroute

On the MedStar freq 462.95, I just heard someone being advised that a Stat MedEvac helo was enroute from Martinsburg, WV with a 25 minute eta. Would this comm be for traffic contol on the pad at WHC or do the Stat helos come up on this freq?

Just heard a follow up comm. This is MedStar calling DC Childrens, advising updated eta is 15 minutes. No patient info is given.

Last edited:

TinEar

Hi Dan....462.95 is used for MedSTAR with PL 77.0 and is used by most everyone else with/without PL tones although STAT MedEvac might use a PL 103.5 here which seems to be their standard. At night, you can hear many fire departments dispatching EMS units from PA and NJ also on this freq. It's a busy one. I've had a "to do" item for a long time now to try to identify the various PL tones and the services using them on that freq. Haven't managed to get around to it though.

Dank

TinEar said:
Hi Dan....462.95 is used for MedSTAR with PL 77.0 and is used by most everyone else with/without PL tones although STAT MedEvac might use a PL 103.5 here which seems to be their standard. I've had a "to do" item for a long time now to try to identify the various PL tones and the services using them on that freq. Haven't managed to get around to it though.

Hi Tin,
Thanks or the tip regardig the PL tones. I guess I will need to either delete the 77.0 for MedStar or add the freq a few more times with other PL tones. Is there an easy way to determine which PL< someone is using?

TinEar

Only by checking each signal heard there with a difficult radio (like my 785s) that have to tune through the entire list to find the PL/DPL or one of the newer ones (like my 996T) where they pop up immediately. There just is no easy way that I know of other than going through the database here and picking out the 462.95 freqs listed with PL tones. If you could dump the entire conventional freq database for about five states into Excel and then pull out the ones with/without tones, it would be a start. (Notice how easy that sounds when I say it?)

dpm797

In PA, York County That is the EMS/Ambulance main dispatch frequency; I am about 90% sure. They do not dispatch ambulances on fire channels unless fire apparatus is going to respond. Fire Tones on Fire Channels also set off house siren for the volunteers up there. It is a different world. Ambulances get dispatched on the "MED/EMS Radio"

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
dpm797 said:
In PA, York County That is the EMS/Ambulance main dispatch frequency; I am about 90% sure. They do not dispatch ambulances on fire channels unless fire apparatus is going to respond. Fire Tones on Fire Channels also set off house siren for the volunteers up there. It is a different world. Ambulances get dispatched on the "MED/EMS Radio"

That s right. I ran as an EMT for 4-5 years in York County.... I think Lancaster or Cumberland County (PA) also uses 462.95 as a primary EMS dispatching channel too. The PLs were the only thing keeping them apart.

TinEar

The database shows York County to use 462.975 rather than 462.95 for EMS Dispatch. Is this incorrect?

Lancaster County shows 462.95 as MED 9 Dispatch but no PL tone is included. Anyone have it?

At night, when conditions are good, I hear probably a half dozen departments dispatching EMS units on 462.95. Getting the PL/DPL tones and then identifying where they are from is the difficult part. If anyone can add any firm identities for 462.95 (with PL/DPL) it would sure be appreciated.

Last edited:

Dank

TinEar said:
The database shows York County to use 462.975 rather than 462.95 for EMS Dispatch. Is this incorrect?

Lancaster County shows 462.95 as MED 9 Dispatch but no PL tone is included. Anyone have it?

Here you go Tin, Perhaps more than you wanted but if this works scroll down to PA

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&action=isf&stid=10001&freq=462.95

Dan

Guess I could have just selected Pennsylvania,

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&action=isf&stid=42&freq=462.95

TinEar

Thanks Dan. That really gives me the same info I had. For instance, I know there's no PL tone in the database for that freq in Lancaster but want to know if anyone has copied one. When the column is blank you just don't know if it's CSQ or just missing.

That's the method I intend to use for an ID when I hear a signal on that freq and can grab the PL/DPL with it. It's the easiest way to look it up - IF - the info has been submitted to the database by some kind soul.

K3ONW

Pa Med Ch's

Adams County Dispatches Med Calls On 46.180, And Ops
Then Shift To Med Ch's When The Units Respond.
We Have Two Med Site Repeaters.
Eastern (near Hanover Pa) Med 9 462.950 (pl 186.2)
Western (near Arendtsville) Med 9 462.950 (pl 162.2)

Ambulance-gettysburg Hospital On Med Ch-5 (pl 162.2)
Ambulance To Hanover Hospital On Med Ch-1 (pl 186.2)
------
York County Uses Med 10 462.975 (pl 186.2)
Franklin County Uses Med-10 462.975 (pl 156.7)
Cumberland County Uses Med-10 462.975 (pl 131.8)
Dauphin County Uses Med-9 462.950 (pl 203.5)

Lancaster Co Dispatches Med Calls On 33.900 I Think
They Only Use Med Ch's For Ambulance-hospital Comms.

Have Fun......

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Lanco dispatched EMS on 33.6, Fire on 33.9
I'm aware of no VHF/UHF dispatch freq's for Lancaster county.

The med channels are there for reference as they are seldom used.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.