State 800 Arbuckle Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmack

I noticed that on the Arbuckle 800 tower it has a site neighbor of "site 38" listed. However on the home State 800 page there is not a site 38 listed. Does anyone know where this is located? Thanks

n5bew1

I noticed that on the Arbuckle 800 tower it has a site neighbor of "site 38" listed. However on the home State 800 page there is not a site 38 listed. Does anyone know where this is located? Thanks

The Ardmore site just south of troop F HQ doesn't show a site number nor Marietta, Could be one of those.

fast2okc

Database Admin
Ardmore Site?

The information was derived from data sent on the control channel of the Arbuckle Mountain site. It sends the radio data on what adjoining sites are available.

I suspect site 38 is the Ardmore site on 860.9875 MHz, but I have not received confirmation of this.

--fast2okc

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
My understanding was the site located on Arbuckle Mountain was what used to be labled as Davis, North of Ardmore.

n5bew1

Troop F shows sites at
Ada site 34
Tishomingo site 35
Arbuckle Mt (Davis, OK) site 20
Ardmore Just south a few blocks from Troop F HQ. site?
Marietta site?

The Marietta and Ardmore sites have not been confirmed as active as far as RR goes. So until Marietta and Ardmore are confirmed as active we may not know where 38 is.

woodyrr

I drove through that area a couple of weeks ago on my way to Dallas. The Arbuckle site was on the air and I heard Troop F and Troop G traffic.

The Marietta site was not on the air as far as I was able to tell.

I checked my scanner yesterday and found that the Ardmore site was locked out for some reason :confused:. EDIT Apparently, all of the GPS controlled sites are locked out initially.

I'll review the GPS coordinates for Ardmore this morning and make sure that they are correct and let everyone know if the site appears to be active when I pass back through in a couple of days. If I can catch it, I'll get the site ID.

Last edited:

n5bew1

I drove through that area a couple of weeks ago on my way to Dallas. The Arbuckle site was on the air and I heard Troop F and Troop G traffic.

The Marietta site was not on the air as far as I was able to tell.

I checked my scanner yesterday and found that the Ardmore site was locked out for some reason :confused:. EDIT Apparently, all of the GPS controlled sites are locked out initially.

I'll review the GPS coordinates for Ardmore this morning and make sure that they are correct and let everyone know if the site appears to be active when I pass back through in a couple of days. If I can catch it, I'll get the site ID.

Many thanks for the info.

woodyrr

I passed through Ardmore on my way home from Dallas this morning.

The Ardmore DPS site was active and the site ID was 38. I noticed that the GPS unlocked it when I was at Marietta. I had a very good signal at that point using the back of the set antenna.

I didn't hear any traffic on the site though. I did hear Carter county EMS and Ardmore Fire Department on their conventional frequencies.

The Marietta site was not active.

nmack

I passed through Ardmore on my way home from Dallas this morning.

The Ardmore DPS site was active and the site ID was 38. I noticed that the GPS unlocked it when I was at Marietta. I had a very good signal at that point using the back of the set antenna.

I didn't hear any traffic on the site though. I did hear Carter county EMS and Ardmore Fire Department on their conventional frequencies.

The Marietta site was not active.

Hey, thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.