State AG 700MHz Conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber

W2SJW

Database Admin
That's odd - from what I was told previously, analog was not allowed in the 'D-Block' frequency section...

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
That's odd - from what I was told previously, analog was not allowed in the 'D-Block' frequency section...

Same. One of the reasons I thought it was interesting enough to post rather than just submit. Perhaps like Radioman said since their low power? Or perhaps it's a temporary thing on this license?

Now if only I could get my 996XT to accept them...keeps coming up "out of band".

Alarmroom

Premium Subscriber
Interop

Those 700 MHz frequencies are the only ones allowing analog operation and they a itinerant public safety and do not require coordination. We use them in our area for the mobile repeaters and work out great. I know that there is a movement to get the interopearable 700 MHz to allow analog as a secondary use, but that remains to be seen. All other 700 MHz channels are digital. Vendors they to steer users away from the three itinerant because they can be utilized right now with existing equipment such as XTS and Tait to name a few.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Those 700 MHz frequencies are the only ones allowing analog operation and they a itinerant public safety and do not require coordination. We use them in our area for the mobile repeaters and work out great. I know that there is a movement to get the interopearable 700 MHz to allow analog as a secondary use, but that remains to be seen. All other 700 MHz channels are digital. Vendors they to steer users away from the three itinerant because they can be utilized right now with existing equipment such as XTS and Tait to name a few.

Any idea how to get these to work in a Uniden? Any idea what radios they're using on them up there?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Any idea how to get these to work in a Uniden? Any idea what radios they're using on them up there?

They track just fine on a Uniden and GRE... These will end up being "On-Scene" and "Special Ops" channel throughout the states, much like the I-Call and I-Tac channels are used in some areas. Some agencies who are on digital trunked systems revert to these itenerate analog channels for in-building fireground operations...

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
They track just fine on a Uniden and GRE... These will end up being "On-Scene" and "Special Ops" channel throughout the states, much like the I-Call and I-Tac channels are used in some areas. Some agencies who are on digital trunked systems revert to these itenerate analog channels for in-building fireground operations...

Thanks GLD. Though, tracking isn't my issue since they are not trunked. They're conventional, low power use. What my problem is, when I try to enter them into my BC346XT or BC996XT, it comes up with an error stating "Out Of Band". Any help?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Thanks GLD. Though, tracking isn't my issue since they are not trunked. They're conventional, low power use. What my problem is, when I try to enter them into my BC346XT or BC996XT, it comes up with an error stating "Out Of Band". Any help?

Sorry, the wrong wording to use, I knew it wasn't trunked and that they are conventional.

What scanner are you trying to program them in and what firmware revision are you using?

I've had them in both my PSR and Uniden units before without an issue; but not lately...

Perhaps I should try entering them again today.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I have the latest firmware in my 996XT and 769.05625 comes up as 769.0563.

The programming software needs to be fixed. When you direct enter these into the scanner, they program just fine.

The folks who write the software applications need to adjust the decimal value to allow 5 or more digits. The frequencies are being rounded by the program to I'll the allowed decimal spaces.

For what it's worth, I just manually entered all of the into my BCD396XT with no troubles at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.