State Capitol and Auraria

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

What agencies, if any use these sites? I'm logging the capitol now, but I've only seen one affiliation in like 20 minutes. I know they are both 700, which is ok with my PSR-500. ;)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
CSP State Capital detail 9B and Auraria Campus police mainly neither of who use the radio much, and you'll get a scatering of other agencies as they pass thru, I get about 150 loggings per 12 hour period per-site, very quiet compared with the busy metro area sites.

Jim<

ch40n1k

jimmnn said:
CSP State Capital detail 9B and Auraria Campus police mainly neither of who use the radio much, and you'll get a scatering of other agencies as they pass thru, I get about 150 loggings per 12 hour period per-site, very quiet compared with the busy metro area sites.

Jim<
Thanks Jim. Seems like kind of a waste of money doesn't it?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Not really those sites are necessary for certain agencies and they are somewhat just in case I mean when they had the officer involved shooting at the capital they were very busy with state radios of many agencies. as will also be the case at the end of August.

FYI CSP 9B and Auraria Officers both have access to DPD Dist 6 radios as well and you will here APD on there frequently.

DRDC for example is not a very busy site either.

Jim<

ch40n1k

jimmnn said:
Not really those sites are necessary for certain agencies and they are somewhat just in case I mean when they had the officer involved shooting at the capital they were very busy with state radios of many agencies. as will also be the case at the end of August.

FYI CSP 9B and Auraria Officers both have access to DPD Dist 6 radios as well and you will here APD on there frequently.

Jim<
That makes sense. I hear Jeffco on DRDC all the time ... as much as I hear them on Smoky Hill or Lookout. I just haven't spent as much time listening to these 2 sites I guess.

Last edited:

jfab

jimmnn said:

Jim<
What happens at the end of August?
And what Radio ID's does APD use on DPD channel 6?

Scan-Denver

jfab said:
What happens at the end of August?
And what Radio ID's does APD use on DPD channel 6?
The Democratic National Convention will be here in town Aug 25th - 28th.

Someone with Etrunker can probably tell you what APD radio LID's are used on Denver's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.