State DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfburns

http://www.craigdailypress.com/section/localnews/story/23480

The news article says about DTR "This greatly increased the sharing of information, especially between the state and federal agencies, and even industries around the country." I wonder in what states those industries are located and what the TG's are. Just imagine keying your DTR radio and talking directly to an RF engineer at MaCOM in Massachusetts. He could tell you how to get Mesa County radios patched into Aurora's pro-voice and even be able to understand what someone in Aurora says. Or you could talk directly to a world leader like Mr. Gavin in Schamburg, Ill.

The users don't seem to understand that you can't drag a busy TG all over the State and not get a system busy when just one affiliated site is busy. If I was Mr. Soos, I'd not want to get a busy while trying to talk with one of my ambulances in Craig, because someone was affiliated with a 3 ch site in Walsenburg and those Walsenburg channels were busy.
I thought they would have learned after the funeral in Colorado Springs and after the Rainbow Gathering.

""Soos said one the biggest changes since Sept. 11, though, has been the use of 800-megahertz. Any hospital in Colorado can communicate with another facility, from EMS crews to emergency rooms, Soos said.
"I can pick up a portable radio at home, and talk to an ambulance in Denver," he said. "During a big incident, we can talk to all the agencies involved. A disaster at a mine or power plant, for example."

Some Homeland Security funds acquired by Colorado law enforcement agencies and fire departments were used to purchase 800-megahertz radios. This greatly increased the sharing of information, especially between the state and federal agencies, and even industries around the country.
Vanatta said he is able to be on his portable radio in Craig, and be in contact with a patrol car driving the streets of Denver.
There are a number of 800-megahertz systems in Colorado, Vanatta said, including the state system, and additional systems for Denver and Garfield County.

(So Garfield County has their own independent 800 system. No wonder the GCSO Sheriff was so excited in that other newpaper article.)

The Craig Police Department, Craig Fire/Rescue, Moffat County Sheriff's Office, Colorado State Patrol and The Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services are capable of communicating on the system.
K.C. Hume, a sergeant with the Sheriff's Office and captain with Craig Fire/Rescue, said Maybell ambulance service and Artesia Fire protection District in Dinosaur also use the radios.

There's additional stuff in the article if you follow the link.

Thayne

Maybe its' good the price of gas is so high--it might discourage all the bureaucrats from driving around Colorado looking at the aspen and trying to get QSL cards :p

Status
Not open for further replies.