State EMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Would somebody tell me the UHF frequency EMA uses statewide I used to listen to it when I dispatched a few years ago but forgot what it was. They always used to give weather announcements on it if I remeber correctly and just heard my local sheriffs dept talking about it.

RandyB

I'm not sure about UHF, but I know the National Weather Service communicates with Emergency Management on the 800 MHz Southern Linc system.

Steve

The "old" UHF network is being reactivated mainly as a back-up to/for Southern Linc.
spd640, what County are in you? I think there are 4 to 5 (maybe more) frequencies that are reused across the State.

SAR923

453.650 and 453.400 are the two common frequencies I hear in the Montgomery area. The vast majority of traffic consists of them doing radio checks with the state. I don't think I've ever heard any weather warngs on these frequencies. The S.O., FD, and PD dispatches have the same weather radios we do and rebroadcast watches and warnings for their area within seconds after my weather radio goes off. If you want up to date weather information, your first choice should be your own weather radio with the correct SAME codes and secondarily, your local PD, S.O., or FD frequencies. Alabama EMA utilizes SouthernLinc almost exclusively and they are worthless for weather advisories. After seeing their pitiful response to the Prattville tornado in February, I have no idea what they do at all.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
453.4000 also in use in Baldwin County from the tower located near Spanish Fort. Good signal in Orange Beach.

SCPD

QRT
The "old" UHF network is being reactivated mainly as a back-up to/for Southern Linc.
spd640, what County are in you? I think there are 4 to 5 (maybe more) frequencies that are reused across the State.

Im in Marshall CO

Steve

spd40, try 453.425. No guarantee you'll hear anything but that is the frequency licensed by the State for Marshall County. If the EMA is still using the old ID system, Marshall County should id as "150".

emcom

You won't hear any weather re-broadcasts on 453.425. That is the Huntsville repeater. No wx traffic there unless the linc is down.

Madison Co. rebroadcasts Linc on our VHF freq. 155.415 for our hams and county agencies to monitor. Once there are several storms in the area Huntsville WX switches over to their own talkgroup on linc and the vhf freq is tied to that on most days.

SCPD

QRT
I just caught a test on 453.650 PL 162.2 In Montgomery at 2:15PM, priviously have hear with PL of 203.5 & 118.8 also, 2nd test test about 3pm also

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.