state faii TG 1011

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalManMI

There's a concert there tonight...
You sure they're not just hearding people for the concert?

bigbluemsp

Metal no he is correct......

They have been having fights and a bunch of drunken morons squaring off and causing major disturbances...It will get worse before it gets better.

MetalManMI

I've been listening...I've heard some talk of people "assulting Troopers" in order to get into the gates...

Raven was scheduled to perform at 7pm, so again, it just sounded to me like they were hearding excessive crowds that were there to hear her perform. Have you assertained if the concert has been canceled...or are they just trying to shut-out any more people from getting in?

not when they are on line and pushing folks out the gates. And people rushing thee gates in a fighting mood.

Plus they fiinally got in on line and were pushing folks to the MSP 2 gate to clear the place.

Heard the key words ' near riot ' 'fights'

MetalManMI

They didn't actually shut the fair down until midnight last night...

Not a peep about any near riots on any of the news stations (TV or Radio) that I came across (Fox 2 at 10pm, Channel 7 at 11pm, and Channel 4 around midnight and WWJ-950 radio all throughout the evening). Nothing in today's papers either...

I still think it was just crowd management due to the concert on the weekend. Did anybody else hear otherwise? I was never able to figure out if Raven's concert was cancelled though...

Last edited:

with the very poor attendance and today being the last day i am not suprised there is little about it being reported.

Lost the TG when they stated the push to thee one gate to clear the area. So who knows what all went down there.

MetalManMI

I continued to monitor (off and on) up until they closed it down at midnight. It all sounded pretty routine after the initial skirmish.

Alpha432

State Fair Riots

MetalManMI said:
They didn't actually shut the fair down until midnight last night...

Not a peep about any near riots on any of the news stations (TV or Radio) that I came across (Fox 2 at 10pm, Channel 7 at 11pm, and Channel 4 around midnight and WWJ-950 radio all throughout the evening). Nothing in today's papers either...

I still think it was just crowd management due to the concert on the weekend. Did anybody else hear otherwise? I was never able to figure out if Raven's concert was cancelled though...

Heck no you will not hear about the riots at the State Fair. This is Detroits / Wayne countys baby / Money maker. They want to keep attendance up and growing. If words of riots and chaos spread about going to the fair, attendance would plummit. No one will go. That is why I stopped going years ago. I saw someone get fataly stabbed for doing absolutely nothing and they never caught the guy. This guy was just walking around with his family and some other guy walked by and put a knife into this inocent persons side.
It does not suprise me one bit that this happens. I will never go to the state fair as long as it is in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.