State Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Used to use State Tac but they have or will transition to H Deck or State System in future.

KB7MIB

H-04 on the RWC has been active this evening. I'm seeing it pop up momentarily every time someone transmits. Naturally, it's encrypted, so I don't know for a fact if it's DPS at the fairgrounds, or some other activity.

On 460.2250, they used a low level, low power repeater atop DPS Headquarters, with a beam antenna pointed at the fairgrounds. If you aren't within the antenna beamwidth, you won't hear it. I'm too far off the backside of the antenna to hear anything.

There is some activity on TG 1015 on AZWIN. This is supposed to be a DPS CI channel, and it's encrypted, so I don't know what the activity is about.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

I drove around the fairgrounds this afternoon. DPS is using State Tac, 460.2250 (151.4 Hz). I heard Fair 51 go 10-7, and Medic 4 go 10-8.

However, there is also an open carrier on the channel. It doesn't seem to interfere with transmissions, but it would probably be annoying enough to dissuade scanner enthusiasts from listening too long.

It would probably also help to drain a handhelds battery faster due to being constantly active.

John
Peoria

KD7JVRinAZ

Premium Subscriber
H-04 on the RWC has been active this evening. I'm seeing it pop up momentarily every time someone transmits. Naturally, it's encrypted, so I don't know for a fact if it's DPS at the fairgrounds, or some other activity.

On 460.2250, they used a low level, low power repeater atop DPS Headquarters, with a beam antenna pointed at the fairgrounds. If you aren't within the antenna beamwidth, you won't hear it. I'm too far off the backside of the antenna to hear anything.

There is some activity on TG 1015 on AZWIN. This is supposed to be a DPS CI channel, and it's encrypted, so I don't know what the activity is about.

John
Peoria
Thank you. I'm listening to it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.