State Fire Marshal Emergency Response Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

random

While searching for Okla. burn ban information, I came across this website featuring the OK State Fire Marshal Emergency Response/Communications Vehicle. It doesn't say when it was acquired though.

For more photos, go to:

http://www.oklaosf.state.ok.us/~firemar/ERV.htm

The Oklahoma State Fire Marshal recently took delivery of an Emergency Response Communications Unit nicknamed "Windtalker". The trailer is capable of responding to any incident and within a short period of time establish communications between all agencies involved in the incident. Capabilities include VHF, UHF, 800mhz and Ham radio operations as well as a designed command center and two dispatch consoles. Basic responses for the unit will include large scale fire incidents, natural disasters and homeland security matters within the State of Oklahoma.

The trailer and tow vehicle as well as all equipment were purchased through a homeland security grant.

Attachments

• SFM_ERV.jpg
    SFM_ERV.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,481

KK5FM

Maybe THAT'S why there aren't any pictures of the inside. "Hey chief, I need a message to the south sector." "SADDLE UP!!!! Pony Express Rides Again!!!!!" (very rubust survivable communications ability) :)
Also, Purina Pony Chow = Extra Bandwidth

Last edited:

CommShrek

The sad part is the folks who would have to wait for a trailer like that to arrive just to be able to talk to the other agencies on a scene.

I worked an rollover MVC a while back and out of 8 different agencies already on scene (I was representing the 9th) no one there could figure out how to talk to the helicopter that needed to land in the highway. It's crap, and it's poor training on the part of the agencies there. You'd think folks would be using their down time to figure out issues like this before they become problems when people's lives are on the line.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
CommShrek said:
You'd think folks would be using their down time to figure out issues like this before they become problems when people's lives are on the line.

Y'all need this: http://mabasradio.org/ ...

Edit: (and if anyone is officially interested, I know Chief Rauter and would be happy to make introductions)

Last edited:

iamhere300

CommShrek said:
The sad part is the folks who would have to wait for a trailer like that to arrive just to be able to talk to the other agencies on a scene.

I worked an rollover MVC a while back and out of 8 different agencies already on scene (I was representing the 9th) no one there could figure out how to talk to the helicopter that needed to land in the highway. It's crap, and it's poor training on the part of the agencies there. You'd think folks would be using their down time to figure out issues like this before they become problems when people's lives are on the line.

Exactly. Too many people are thinking that "interoperabilty" means spending millions on new radios and systems. All too often just simply having a common channel can take care of any "interoperability" issue.

And Training. Training. Training.

car2back

iamhere300 said:
Exactly. Too many people are thinking that "interoperabilty" means spending millions on new radios and systems. All too often just simply having a common channel can take care of any "interoperability" issue.

And Training. Training. Training.

thank God most everyone around my parts has the fire net somewhere in their radios (if they can remember what channel it is!)

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.