State Forestry

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTOROLANUT

I could be wrong but I seriously doubt there is enough activity on the state forest nor national forest frequencies to post a live feed. Any members in the Randolph county or other locations care to chime in?

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I usually hear nothing for any forestry frequencies I've got in,so I'd say it's useless to have a live feed unless someone actually has a lot of traffic going nearby(highly doubtful).

SCPD

QRT
forestry

Thanks guys, I was reading that this will be a very active fall fire season , thats why I asked. When your forestry goes out on fires do they switch to mutral aid for fire ground channels or do they stay on thier own channels?

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've actually never heard anything at all even during fire season or any forest fires locally(usually handled by local fire departments)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I've actually never heard anything at all even during fire season or any forest fires locally(usually handled by local fire departments)

Same here. I've had those freqs in for years and never heard a thing. If they do use anything (including what's listed in the RR DB), I would guess they are maybe low-powered handhelds that you'll have to be very close to hear anything.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Around here our US Forest Service unit uses the District 3 DNR Freq as well as the county law and fire freqs to communicate with the 911 center. I'm unsure of any other freqs used.

Also the WV Division of Forestry (in this area) has their own private channel that they use to communicate with their office and each other, and they also have county radios to communicate with the 911 center and the local fire depts when responding to a forest or brush fire.

73s and hope this helps

Chad

MOTOROLANUT

brush fires

Expanding on what ab8sn said, local volunteer fire departments do 99.9% of brush fire work here in WV.
I cold not count the times over the years I have seen and heard local vfd's responding to brush fires.
Your best best is find the location in WV you wish to listen to and program the local vfd channels or talkgroups.

K4OM

Premium Subscriber
Years ago, I monitored the forestry and DNR in the Wayne area. It was a really bad fire season.
Most of what they did on their freqs was to arrange contractor dozers to cut fire breaks and roads.
That year the VFD's were too busy saving structures to worry with a general fire. I forget the frequency, but it was a repeater. I would not expect to hear them anywhere unless it was a bad fire outbreak.
Probably be on wvirp due to the coverage, or just use cell phones.

tvfd700

Premium Subscriber
During fire season I hear a lot of traffic coming out of the region 3 Milton office on 159.39/151.175. Any time we have DOF units on a fire scene with us they always use our frequencies.

barry24954

USDA Forest Service

I am looking for Scanner Frequencies for USDA Forest Service Marlinton West Virginia i cant find it any where anyone help would be appreciated or any newer scanner frequencies Pocahontas County WV

ecps92

Monongahela NF uses
168.6750 R / 170.5000 in

Share back what you confirm for PL Tones

I am looking for Scanner Frequencies for USDA Forest Service Marlinton West Virginia i cant find it any where anyone help would be appreciated or any newer scanner frequencies Pocahontas County WV

Status
Not open for further replies.