State form suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

How about for each state or maybe even region. A tavern like form, where you can discuss emergency equipment or non radio emergency field related stuff? Don't get me wrong, I think the tavern is great, but now and then I want to ask a question or talk about things in my own state. Does all that make sense?

cstockmyer

loumaag said:
How does your state (regional) forum not fit that situation?

Well because it the form says Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Colorado. I am talking about a form for things not radio related yet for the state your in. Like in CO right now we are talking about a new fire rig I saw the other day, that's not radio related and I would like a form to ask that in the Co form, and not be against the original use of the form. Sorry I should of stated that better the first time.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Charles,

Well, actually I think you would get the opinion from Lindsay that there are too many forums already. The RR Tavern is actually the "dumping" ground for things that just have nothing to do with radio monitoring and are of little interest to the those people who are more concerned with Public Safety monitoring and operations. Sure sometimes radio related things are there, but in most instances there is a different proper forum for that.

The state (regional) forums are there for regional things of interest to the RadioReference Community in that state (region). Now, if it drifts to things that have little (or nothing) to do with those interests, it will be moved to the trash pile ... err, tavern. But as long as the regional community has no problem, we (the staff) will not object if you want to talk about emergency equipment, or search & rescue, or ... well you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.