State Intercity Net, and Mutual Aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

155.49, and 155.67 Are these still used? Ive had them programed in my scanner for ages but I cant recall hearing anything, not that there hasnt ever been any activity.

And what EXACTALLY are these used for?

eharlow

Premium Subscriber

Langston and Coyle PD's still use .490 some and I believe Perkins PD was still using it. The Stillwater folks might have a better ear on that since they're closer.

Secret_Squirrel

Nut Protector Extraordinaire
I don't know about where you're located, but in North East Oklahoma, "490" is widely used but numerous agencies in our area. I like to call it the "CB Ch. 19" of the public safety world. That holds true for this area because it's usually some hillbillies that want to talk on it. Most little agencies that use it for a primary frequency all use separate PL tones so they don't interfere with one another.

peterjmag

The only 155.49 traffic I have heard is Cushing PD trying to contact a Sac and Fox unit. On 155.67 I heard OSU PD link their Dispatch (Channel 1) 155.43 but that was only temporary.

car2back

I monitor .490 all the time, every now and then I'll hear some interagency police traffic on it.... SS is right though, it's hardly ever anything worth hearing :D I do hear Porter FD quite often being paged by Wagoner CO.

Alot of dispatch centers still have access to one or both frequencies, not that they monitor them. I even noticed the other day that Tulsa PD has .670 tucked away on a mutual aide tab on their consoles!

Last edited:

peterjmag

Langston and Coyle PD's still use .490 some and I believe Perkins PD was still using it. The Stillwater folks might have a better ear on that since they're closer.

I have never heard Perkins on it. They are on a repeater that is shared with Iowa Tribe on 155.25

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
I quit scanning 490 on my radio a while back so I wasn't for sure on Perkins. Recently I've heard Coyle mainly on the Logan Co. SO frequency mainly. Everyone is right though in that most agencies I've seen still have it in their radios just in case. Interoperability=490 is about right!

Status
Not open for further replies.