State of Alabama 700 MHz system??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I had heard a while back that Alabama would be implementing a 700mhz system. Looks like it will be 2012 before the first implementation deadline.

Did you see the Contact for the system? Motorola! At least it won't be ProVoice - it will probably be P-25 :)

Warren

n4voxgill

Silent Key
every state was given a group of 700 MHz frequencies. They can use some or all or let cities and counties within the state use them. There is a 700 MHz plan under preperation at this time for Alabama.

bassmkenk2508

man, when that happens, nearly the entire Gulf Coast will be able to seamlessly interop if implementations are done to do so !

it will be a great feeling for safety during large scale incidents :)

n4voxgill

Silent Key
don't get too excited. the plan is not being done by the state, and can only assign frequencies to agencies within the state. those agencies have to come up with the money. it is the same people that wrote the 800 mhz plan. If you check the FCC site you will see the committee has not met in a year, here is the URL

http://wireless.fcc.gov/publicsafety/700MHz/regions/region1.html

Last edited:

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
bassmkenk2508 said:
man, when that happens, nearly the entire Gulf Coast will be able to seamlessly interop if implementations are done to do so !

it will be a great feeling for safety during large scale incidents :)

I'd like to think so but word around the campfire is PROVOICe is comming to Mobile County. I'm loving that.....

bassmkenk2508

n4voxgill said:
don't get too excited. the plan is not being done by the state, and can only assign frequencies to agencies within the state. those agencies have to come up with the money. it is the same people that wrote the 800 mhz plan. If you check the FCC site you will see the committee has not met in a year, here is the URL

http://wireless.fcc.gov/publicsafety/700MHz/regions/region1.html

ok. well if thats the case, so does anybody know why every state was given the same kind of 700 MHz license for that license type on that same day?

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Just yesterday I read a post-Katrina FCC paper (I can't find it now) that mentioned that mutual aid channels are being implemented in all bands (VHF, 700, 800) etc for interop.

It also said (and its the first time I had read it - though I don't get out much!) that a "lesson learned" from Katrina was that the Florida FHP and Wildlife officers who arrived in Harrison County MS (Biloxi area) shortly after Katrina were in fact able to seemlessly integrate into Harrison County TRS, and that in fact the Harrison system was one of the real success stories of Katrina communications - it never failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.