State of Alabama Game & Fish Division & EMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksroberson

I acquired 4 Southern Linc radios. 2 of them have property tags from the Alabama Game & Fish Division, the other 2 radios have State of Alabama Property tags, judging by the Talk Groups in it, I believe they are EMA radios.

Just wanted to give some info from them if it helps IF they switch from the Linc to the AIRS.

Fish and Game radios:
Groups:
DIST 1, DT 1 LW ENF, DT 1 WLDLF, DT 1 FISH, DT 1 TCT 1, DT 1 TCT 2
DIST 2, DT 2 LW ENF, DT 2 WLDLF, DT 2 FISH, DT 2 TCT 1, DT 2 TCT 2
DIST 3, DT 3 LW ENF, DT 3 WLDLF, DT 3 FISH, DT 3 TCT 1, DT 3 TCT 2
DIST 4, DT 4 LW ENF, DT 4 WLDLF, DT 4 FISH, DT 4 TCT 1, DT 4 TCT 2
DIST 5, DT 5 LW ENF, DT 5 WLDLF, DT 5 FISH, DT 5 TCT 1, DT 5 TCT 2
DIST 6, DT 6 LW ENF, DT 6 WLDLF, DT 6 FISH, DT 6 TCT 1, DT 6 TCT 2
ADMIN, STATE 1, STATE 2, STATE 3, STATE 4, STATE 5

Possible EMA Radios:
Areas listed:
Local 0, AL C, AL SE, AL SW, GA N, GA M, GA SW, GA C, GA SE, FL W, FL E, MS S, MS C, WIDE AREA
Groups listed are:
STATE 911, S WEST CNTY, S EAST CNTY, W CTRL CNTY, E CNTRL CNTY, NW CTRL CTY, NE CTRL CTY, NORTH CNTY, DISASTER, EMA MAIN, EMA STATE, OPERATIONS, COORDINATOR, EMA TAC 1, EMA TAC 2, EMA TAC 3

Just wanted to share, maybe somebody knows what system they are switching over to since Southern Linc ended their "radio support"

Also, I am wondering if/how i can force a MCS 2000 codeplug into them, any info would help, but I will probably post that on the Motorola forum.

morganAL

Game and Fish are now operating on the Forestry VHF repeaters. Also check your local Sheriff's Office frequencies.

morganAL

There are a number of UHF channels in the database for EMA. The repeaters are online but not much activity on them. You can also find them on the AIRS system. Those TGs are in the DB as well. Historically, they aren't very active on the radio. They do a lot by phone.

emcom

We use Southern Linc for EMA comms primary. The old iDen system is gone. Its now a LTE system. Radios are Sonim phones. Not as good, but oh well. We do have the UHF link system up and running in AL but it is for backup use.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
We use Southern Linc for EMA comms primary. The old iDen system is gone. Its now a LTE system. Radios are Sonim phones. Not as good, but oh well. We do have the UHF link system up and running in AL but it is for backup use.

When we (ALDOT in the Shoals) got the Sonim radio/phone after the LTE switch the service and coverage was/is so lousy here that we don't even use Southern Linc anymore. After a few radio checks initially, most of the folks in the field just stashed the radios away into a crevice. They also complained that the radio was not user friendly, bulky and awkward to carry I keep mine on at the Area Office front desk just in case. We mostly use cellular phones with occasional contact via VHF radio.

I am made to think that Conservation Officers made a deal with the Forestry Commission for radio communications because of Southern Linc inadequacy.

medic9351301

Banned
Well,
it's 2020 and the state is still operating in bedrock lol .
You would have thought with the building of the statewide system. They would have moved agencies over there. If i am correct there are 67 towers that belong to the forestry commission in each county. plenty of room to put sites on it. Have you looked at the other statewide systems.
Just about all state agencies are on there statewide systems. i know its all about money. well at least the troopers came out of bedrock and moved up to dodge city(lol). They put to more hamsters in each radio to give them repeaters. I know when jefferson county was converting to p 25 the birmingham troopers were using a talk group. I have not looked inside a troopers car in a while. i thought they had a multi. band motorola radio but i could be wrong. i find it funny that the bought 800 handhelds for a vehicle repeater. When vhf would have been cheaper but what do i know. Just my 2 cents as always thoughts, comments

Stay safe guys

Status
Not open for further replies.