State of Iowa Low Band P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaGuy1603

FCC Callsign KE9083 Details

I noted some low band stuff. Are the low band frequencies the stuff they used to use before VHF-Hi?

Tim K.

37.10 everyone and their brother used this

42.58 I think was ISP

Most cars had the old Adam 12 control heads with a IHP switch (to monitor 42.58)

It's been awhile .......................but that's what I remember.
I am sure the state had other licenses............

w0fg

42.58 was the IHP (ISP) base frequency, 42.74 was the mobile freq. To the best of my knowledge they haven't been used for years.

SCPD

QRT
I just find it interesting the low band stuff is licensed for digital.

I'm merely curious, how do you know it is licensed for digital? I took a quick look at the license but didn't see anything stand out indicating digital use. Did I miss something?

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm merely curious, how do you know it is licensed for digital? I took a quick look at the license but didn't see anything stand out indicating digital use. Did I miss something?

Emmision code. Analog, digital, data, ect. . . all have a different code. When you license a frequency with the FCC, you have to tell them what your going to be doing with it.

IowaGuy1603

Also only 50 units licensed for mobile use. Not licensed for base. License was activated in 2004. Wasn't that about the time the weigh pass systems went into effect at the weigh station down near Newtown ? Might send some type of data to the cars/weigh stations.
Talking off the cuff here......your guess is as good as mine.

It is a DOT license and registered to the Lincoln Way, Ames main DOT office
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KE9083 - IOWA, STATE OF

50 licenses would be just about the number of DOT Law Enforcement officers statewide.......or so.

Or the number of weigh station buildings.......might be closer

Last edited:

iascanguy

Emmision code. Analog, digital, data, ect. . . all have a different code. When you license a frequency with the FCC, you have to tell them what your going to be doing with it.

Here is link for emission code definitions, Emission Designations - MMI Technical Resource It is a bit old, it says 'Updated 5 March 2003' but it seems to be ok from what I have used it for.

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.