State of Kentucky P25 7/800 Trunked Radio System

kib669

Those are microwave links for the new towers that they built. They also completed the construction notifications on those towers recently.
Wickliffe Tower - 1318625
South Cadiz Tower - 1318626
Other new sites that are less than 200ft
Webster County DOT location
Wendall training center in Greenville

Also saw that they have new antennas on the WKMS tower located in LBL. Assume they are getting closer.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I am very aware of License and KSP Links but I doubt the old links have the bandwidth needed for the new system.
The current system is only using 1 talk path the new system could need up to 8 or more talk paths.

BJ2021

Was: KF4JKY-10
If this system was being built in Florida it would have been on the air and being tested

trumpetman

Database Admin
That's hilarious. Florida is the last state I would use as an example of a successful statewide radio deployment.

If you're looking for fast paced changes, you've come to the wrong place. Zone cores, backhaul, and the rest of the back-end infrastructure can be online for YEARS before the first RF site goes on air, in fact the RF sites are usually the last thing to complete in a system build-out.

Statewide systems are a long and drawn out project, so don't expect anything to happen quickly.