State of Nebraska 800mhz frequencies in Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

There are two 800mhz frequencies (852.5625 & 853.3500) licensed to the State of Nebraska under callsign WQJH489 with transmitter sites in Lincoln. Does anyone know if these frequencies are active or what they are used for?

Thanks,

Joe

SCPD

QRT
Hi Everyone,

There are two 800mhz frequencies (852.5625 & 853.3500) licensed to the State of Nebraska under callsign WQJH489 with transmitter sites in Lincoln. Does anyone know if these frequencies are active or what they are used for?

Thanks,

Joe

I'll plug them into my scanner and see if I can come up with anything.

SCPD

QRT
I wonder if those frequencies are used by NSP to talk to LCSO and LPD.

No, I don't think so. I've heard NSP 447 talk to LPD dispatch on the Lincoln/Lancaster system. I don't hear NSP Governor Security on the Lincoln EDACS lately, so that might be it, but then again, the Legislature is out too, so that might be why the EDACS group is quiet now.

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like UNL Security, but are these frequencies newly licensed? If so, perhaps for NELMRS?

SCPD

QRT
If so, perhaps for NELMRS?
Nope those are conventional frequencies, according to the FCC ULS. It was granted September 9 2009. Contact info is APCO.
the 852.5625 location is one UNL campus. 853.350 is located 70st north of I80. This according to the license

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The tower hosting the 852.5625 repeater is not actually on the UNL camps, but it is right on the west edge. This tower is very near the Nebraska National Guard and the Nebraska Emergency Management Center. This tower also hosts several Lincoln/Lancaster County transmitters included one of the EDACS simulcast sites, and a County Fire North transmitter among others.

UNL PD, parking enforcement, and transportation are on the EDACS system and have been for several years. If it is UNL related, it is probably something other than security.

Some more things to help narrow it down, the two frequencies are licensed as conventional (not part of a trunked system) and are also licensed only for digital voice.

Dak48, thanks for putting in these freqs. I look forward to your reply if you hear something.

Happy Holidays!

--Joe

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I am hearing 853.350 with a PL 141.3
Sounds like two hams talking though.
They are using this frequency they did mention 800 so it not interference.
One is Mobile the other is on a hand held in a building.
Maybe EOC?
This is in Lincoln mention I80 and 27st
I am not receiving anything on 852.5625 but that might to far west for me to receive here in Gretna. Don't know if they are linked or standalone.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I'm catching something on 853.3500 right now, but only at S1-S2.

From what I can pick up conversation sounds pretty casual, yet they are discussing the snow storm and vehicles off the road.

SCPD

QRT
I think was listening to the same conversation. It has a good signal. I picked it up at 204 and Douglas Washington county line while I was mobile.
Still sounds like ham/ARES to me.

SCPD

QRT
I just now picked up some CW on 852.5625, this is the first transmission that I've caught on it and been able to identify. Yesterday (Monday), i was getting what sounded like someone keying and unkeying the microphone.

Perhaps these freqs are coming alive?

SCPD

QRT
I was picking up some kind of traffic on these freqs yesterday (01/07/10). I wasn't hearing voice, just static and a squelch tail at the very end of the traffic. I couldn't tell if it was voice, data, or what? It seems to be enough away from me that at this point I have no clue what it is or who is using it.

Anyone else catching any kind of traffic on these freqs?

SCPD

QRT
Yes there is a VHF and a UHF DSTAR repeater in the capital building. They both have good range.
All the conversations I have heard were while the users were mobile. They always spout off some callsing before they end their conversations. I haven't figured out what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.