State of New Hampshire Trunked System??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently searching the FCC database for new frequencies in NH, and came across a "Public Safety Trunked" (YW) license for the State of New Hampshire. It's a high-band system (looks to be narrow-band) using 151.xxx frequencies for mobiles, and 160.xxx frequencies for control stations... however, no repeater licenses. Does anyone know what this system is or will be used for?? The callsign is WPMZ569. Could this be a kind of sub-system for the State Police MDT's?? I'm going to try to monitor the frequencies (I live in Manchester) for any activity.

Any information would be great.

Thanks!!!

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
scan-manchester said:
I was recently searching the FCC database for new frequencies in NH, and came across a "Public Safety Trunked" (YW) license for the State of New Hampshire. It's a high-band system (looks to be narrow-band) using 151.xxx frequencies for mobiles, and 160.xxx frequencies for control stations... however, no repeater licenses. Does anyone know what this system is or will be used for?? The callsign is WPMZ569. Could this be a kind of sub-system for the State Police MDT's?? I'm going to try to monitor the frequencies (I live in Manchester) for any activity.

Thanks!!!

This license makes no sense to me at all. It is, however, designed for P-25 voice and data modulation. This could be the forerunner of a much larger system that may be in the works for future deployment. I guess we'll have to watch and see what develops in the near future.

73's

Ron

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
There was at some point some discussion of new hampshire persuing a VHF trunked system. Supposably why it was discounted was becasue of cost considerations. They chose instead the VHF P25 conventional system. This may be a relic of those early plans.

PenBay

scan-manchester said:

Thanks!!!

I am also looking for NH's State PD. I think they have gone to an APCO25 system. Maybe they are using their original VHF frequencies with a new digital repeater system??? Can anyone shed more light on this? Thanks. Gene

NHSP is digital

PenBay said:
I am also looking for NH's State PD. I think they have gone to an APCO25 system. Maybe they are using their original VHF frequencies with a new digital repeater system??? Can anyone shed more light on this? Thanks. Gene

Here are the freqs used for the New Hampshire State Police. Yes, they are operating
digital....have been for well over 5 yrs.

SP Epping 151.40000
SP Milford 154.93500
SP Keene 154.66500
SP Concord 156.21000
SP Tamworth 151.32500
SP Twin MT. 152.63000

Happy Holidays,
Peter

Just as a reference, NHSP units refer to their respective dispatch centers by the troop letter (Concord is refered to as "Headquarters"). The troop letters are:

A - Epping (151.400)
B - Milford (154.935)
C - Keene (154.665)
D - Concord (156.210)
E - Tamworth (151.325)
F - Twin Mountain (152.630)

A good website to get more info on NHSP is John Marcel's website
http://www.geocities.com/jmarcel66/nhsp.html

Last edited:

OldHick

scan-manchester said:

Thanks!!!
WPMZ569 hmmm.. Have you heard any action on those 8 frequencies? I just popped them into the scanner.

I've been monitoring them since my first post....however....nothing.
I have a feeling it's a licence that was never implimented into the radio system, and forgotten about by the radio techs (or who ever does the licensing for NHSP)..... or it could be a license that has not been implimented YET. Not sure... but I will continue to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.