Administrator, if not allowed please delete

Salary
$18.05 - $31.40 Hourly
$37,538 - $65,316 Annually
This position is a Pay Band 70
Purpose of Position
No job description available
Why does the job exist?
The Radio Dispatch Manager leads the work of eight (8) dispatch staff and is responsible for 24/7/365 operation of the DoIT Dispatch Center to ensure that all procedures, policies, and protocols are being followed. The position performs a variety of complicated tasks and is ultimately responsible for driving the work process. The sole purpose of the DoIT Dispatch Center is to conduct effective communication that will ensure the safety of the citizens and client agency employees that it serves. The State of New Mexico has mandated that the DoIT Dispatch Center be adequately staffed 24/7/365. All dispatch positions are considered "safety sensitive" and "essential employees".

The Radio Dispatch Manager position is assigned to the Department of Information Technology's Public Safety Communications Division and oversees operations of the dispatch center in Santa Fe. The dispatch center coordinates, receives, and sends calls for service to the State Department of Transportation, State Parks, State Forestry, and the New Mexico Corrections Department. The dispatch center also receives and processes after hours telephone calls and dispatching for various other agencies such as the State Fire Marshal, State Environment Department, Livestock Board, and the Department of Information Technology. The dispatch center also assists in coordinating medical transports by ambulance services to and from medical facilities, including the transportation of COVID patients between facilities. All dispatch positions are considered safety sensitive and essential employees.
How does it get done?
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review of work performed and/or reassignment of uncompleted work.
- Establishes workforce priorities in line with company policies and dispatches or redirects appropriate personnel to achieve proper response.
- Has significant goal to maximize performance and improve technical productivity as well as providing effective customer support over the telephone.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring, training of supervisors/dispatchers.
- Responsible for scheduling to ensure sufficient coverage on all shifts always.
- Proficiency in SHARE, checking the accuracy and completion of all-time reporting documents and approving time for payroll.
- Complete open, interim, and annual employee/supervisor evaluations.
- The Radio Dispatch Manager is a working manager and covers shifts and works overtime when necessary.
- As per 29-7A NMSA 1978, Completion of New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy Basic Radio Dispatcher & Medical Responder course before their 1-year anniversary. Required to be NCIC/NMCIC/NLETS/NMLETS Certified to be authorized to access information from the National Crime Information Center (Radio Dispatch Manager coordinates this training for new hires);
- Processing and storing pertinent logs, data and records per legal requirements and department policy, responding to court and Inspection of Public Records Act (IPRA) requests involving telephone or radio traffic with department subscribers.
Who are the customers?
New Mexico State and Federal Agencies.
Ideal Candidate
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Public Safety Telecommunication (Dispatcher) Certification, either current or in the past.
- Be an active listener with excellent communication skills, sound judgment, critical thinking, and emotional control.
- Experience developing job duties and performance measures.
- Experience implementing, documenting, administering and ensuring compliance with operational processes.
Minimum Qualification
A Bachelor's Degree in any field of study from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of heavy supervisory or limited professional level experience operating within strict parameters and guidelines directly related to the purpose of the position defined by the agency at the time of recruitment. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below. Agency may designate that a portion of the required experience to include supervisory and/or specialized experience. Any required licensure, certification or registration shall be defined at the time of recruitment and will be in addition to the above requirements.
Substitution Table
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
Education Experience
1High School Diploma or EquivalentAND8 years of experience
2Associate's degreeAND6 years of experience
3Bachelor's degreeAND4 years of experience
4Master's degreeAND2 years of experience
5PhD degreeAND0 years of experience
• Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
• If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of "semester hours" in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
Employment Requirements
Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico ID or Driver's License. Pre-employment background investigation and drug testing is required, and employment is conditional pending results.
Working Conditions
Ability to work with high stress situations. Sometimes sitting at a computer or radio console for extended periods of time, monitoring and answering the radios and telephones with constant radio background noise. Work schedule for Radio Dispatch Manager is 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and will include occasional on-call and overtime rotation, weekends, and holidays. Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) extensive personal computer and phone usage.
Supplemental Information
Benefits:
Do you know what Total Compensation is? Click here
Agency Contact Information: Email
For information on Statutory Requirements for this position, click the Classification Description link on the job advertisement.

Bargaining Unit Position
This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
🤣 What person with a PHD would apply for a dispatcher job anyway? And politics... well it's a state job and yeah very political.

Well since I am unqualified I guess I will have to go get my honorary PHD in Scientology.

No really it's not a bad gig for dispatcher. Pay is better than most centers. You just have to be able to stomach Santa Fe and the people. If you can and are a dispatcher then great job.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Being NM typically job descriptions are set for impossible or less ideal to outsiders and then filled internally with pay being negotiated higher at time of successful interview lol. Then the lower slots such as apprentice and dispatcher open up. If its anything like local centers most are drama and love affairs, nepitism hiring down south anyway.

Heck I've seen people of Adderall and other issues hired. Its who you know in the wild west areas.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
I was a dispatcher there from 1986 - 1989. At the time, it was the only Statewide Dispatch Center in the United States. We dispatched all State Agencies with the exception of the State Police. We instituted the dispatch/pager system for Life Guard helicopters at UNMH in ABQ. The starting pay was $6.50 an hour and when I left in 1989 to work for the Santa Fe PD, I was making $8.00. Not sure how I survived....lol. Some good memories though :)

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Being NM typically job descriptions are set for impossible or less ideal to outsiders and then filled internally with pay being negotiated higher at time of successful interview lol. Then the lower slots such as apprentice and dispatcher open up. If its anything like local centers most are drama and love affairs, nepitism hiring down south anyway.

Heck I've seen people of Adderall and other issues hired. Its who you know in the wild west areas.

I left New Mexico about 40 years ago. I lived in a rural county. I was amazed at how incompetent the state and county governments were, as well as some of the private sector. It sounds like some of this still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.