State of Ohio License Updates (MARCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

budevans

Last weeks FCC license updates for the State of Ohio. Since all of license updates are for 800 Mhz sites, I'm assuming these are for the MARCS (Moto Type II systems).

4/21/2014
WQTQ990, WQTQ993, WQTQ994, WQTQ997 (6), WQTR394 (6), WQTR644 (6), WQTR645 (6), WQTR649 (6), WQTS328 (6): Sites 39

4/22/2014
WQTQ986: Sites 1

4/24/2014
WQTS326 (7): Sites 7

Total Sites Updated 47

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Last weeks FCC license updates for the State of Ohio. Since all of license updates are for 800 Mhz sites, I'm assuming these are for the MARCS (Moto Type II systems).

4/21/2014
WQTQ990, WQTQ993, WQTQ994, WQTQ997 (6), WQTR394 (6), WQTR644 (6), WQTR645 (6), WQTR649 (6), WQTS328 (6): Sites 39

4/22/2014
WQTQ986: Sites 1

4/24/2014
WQTS326 (7): Sites 7

Total Sites Updated 47
Given that MARCS might not be around this time next year, I'm not sure it's worth doing anything in the DB with these. These are just renewed STAs or new licenses for existing sites, or modifications to existing site licenses yanking the old pre-rebanding freqs. . I've already looked over them all [for the most part] over the past six months that I"ve seen them coming in, and there is nothing new in them as far as sites or frequencies.

Once in a while I think about going through and updating, but then common sense steps in and I don't bother.

Mike

budevans

MARCS not around next year? I have not heard this yet. What is up? What about all the money spent on the MARCS system? Are they going back to analog conventional?

FF - Medic !!!
The MARCS (Moto Type II system) will be shut down, after the MARCS-IP (P25 system) rollout is completed.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
The MARCS (Moto Type II system) will be shut down, after the MARCS-IP (P25 system) rollout is completed.
That is news to me. I was thinking maybe phase 2 , or a political / contract problem and the state was going back to conventional.

What about everyone getting on the IP? Or just the lucky will be able to copy this ? Even with an agency not having the IP will the radio traffic still go over the air? Looking at this I thought it was as simple as getting on Phase 2, but from my view IP seems limited. A customized system maybe ?

State Law Enforcement and larger metro areas and counties that can afford if , or is it all going to be paid with state funds ?

Thanks ------ FF - Medic !!!

budevans

That is news to me. I was thinking maybe phase 2 , or a political / contract problem and the state was going back to conventional.

What about everyone getting on the IP? Or just the lucky will be able to copy this ? Even with an agency not having the IP will the radio traffic still go over the air? Looking at this I thought it was as simple as getting on Phase 2, but from my view IP seems limited. A customized system maybe ?

State Law Enforcement and larger metro areas and counties that can afford if , or is it all going to be paid with state funds ?

Thanks ------ FF - Medic !!!
FF - Medic,

The conversion to Project 25 systems has been in the works for many years. Not just in Ohio, but across the country. So yes Federal, State and Local dollars are in play. They have been since the beginning.

Current MARCS (Moto Type II) users will be migrated to the new P25 system. Their existing MARCS (Motorola) radio's will work (with reprogramming) on the new P25 system.

From what I have seen from the MARCS-IP roll outs in Cuyahoga, Lake and Geauga County's there will a significant increase in the user base. Many local agencies that weren't on the MARCS (Moto type II system) have decided to move to the new MARCS-IP P25 system. The biggest two reasons are interop and long term cost savings through shared resources.

The new P25 system has new features and functions that weren't available from the legacy Moto Type II system.

As an example, you mentioned Phase II. Phase II is a reference to P25 TDMA, a way of allowing two conversations on one frequency/channel.

You might consider looking over the Unidentified/New MARCS-IP Talkgroup thread (created in 2010) at the top of the Ohio forums page. That should get you up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.