State of Oklahoma building statewide 700 MHz system

Bastrop1

Confirmed the Stringtown repeater (Atoka) is simulcasting, also with a NAC of 50.

I will likely be making a trip to Broken Bow within the next few weeks and can probably verify that one also.
Broken Bow is now Carter Mountain. I show it's working fine but reply back when you get something. That's a long drive and you could save us a trip there. Watch out for Big Foot.

fast2okc

Database Admin
FYI, In case you see OHP frequencies shown as updated, I'm changing the OHP Troop E database to show the NAC for the 700 MHz repeaters as "050" instead of just "50."

It's a format thing.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
For some reason uniden scanners take off the 0 in front, why is beyond me but it happens.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard McAlester on the air lately? Myself & others have heard Durant dispatching on the Troop D 700 mhz repeaters. I'm wondering if this is full-time or just during certain hours.

They started off doing that at the Sherman DPS station where they were only operating during the day, then switching over to another office at other times before finally closing locally for good.

radiomankc

Per the license, this does not appear to a base station/repeater system at all. This is a license is for itinerant frequencies that can be used anywhere in CONUS. So, basically, portable radios for mutual aid that can be used in other states.

nd5y

mshadwick

SharkMadwick
Has anyone heard McAlester on the air lately? Myself & others have heard Durant dispatching on the Troop D 700 mhz repeaters. I'm wondering if this is full-time or just during certain hours.

They started off doing that at the Sherman DPS station where they were only operating during the day, then switching over to another office at other times before finally closing locally for good.
I have heard McAlester responding to all Troop D that are still using Low Band. Those Troop D using 700 are still being responded by Durant. Have not heard McAlester respond on 700 at all.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I spent several days in Broken Bow but wasn't able to confirm the Broken Bow 700 MHz repeater is active or the NAC. My monitoring was limited, mostly from a motel room, which sometimes can be problematic. When I got home I noticed my recording program had registered a NAC of 123 on the frequency but there was no audio to confirm. I'm probably going back next month and will try again.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
I have not been on these boards in sometime. I was shocked to learn this. Thank you for all the information regarding this new update to our state system

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
By any chance has anyone heard anything from WRKV778 coming from the Capital?

i wonder if anyone has information on what the plans are for the eastern half of troop C to the Arkansas line? I still monitor OHP trp. C on 44.70 patched to Tulsa dispatch. audio has slight echo chamber from the patch but still works. Just curious if anyone might know if there are plans for another OKWIN sight closer to the Arkansas line or if 700mhz might be coming with a link?