State of Tennessee

msmakm67

Premium Subscriber
I am running dual SDR doggles with SDRTrunk and a Homepatrol 2. I am unable to pickup anything on the state network. I have checked and double checked everything and I cant find any issues. With the SDR software, it will not show any control channel lock, just idle. My location is near Paris Tennessee. I am able to pickup the Henry county system just fine, just not the state.

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
What frequency are you trying to use as a control channel?
Did you import the TACN database into SDRTrunk?
What are you wanting to listen to?
You mentioned a HP2, are you able to hear what you want with it?
What kind of antenna(s) are you using on the SDRs?

It's been a while since I used SDRTrunk, but you should definitely be in range of the Paris repeater, and once it's properly set up, you should hear a lot of TACN traffic.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Did you import the system?
Do you have all the control channels imported?
Do you have the gain set?

msmakm67

Premium Subscriber
TACN c.770.50625
a.771.23125

Under messages on sdrtrunk , I get a continuous sync loss message.

On HP2, the database is a fresh download.
I can pick up the county on sdrtrunk, but not on hp2. The state system does not come in at all. The main screen on sdrtrunk does not acknowledge a control channel. Just says idal.

Attachments

• 20240328_170100.jpg
    20240328_170100.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 10

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
c.770.50625
a.771.23125

Under messages on sdrtrunk , I get a continuous sync loss message

What is your gain set at? Can you post a screenshot of the spectrum with the tuner and its settings selected? Like this?

1711666424849.png

Sync loss generally is signal related. Either not enough gain, too much gain, ppm off or missing control channels.

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Mobile in the area all of my scanners outside antenna stridsberg multicoupler I pick up the PARIS SITE from Paris Landing to almost Dresden and from Murray to South of McKenzie. That TACN Site is very good.

msmakm67

Premium Subscriber
I tried to post screen shots but the files are too large. The gain master is set at 363. Sample rate is 2.4Mhz. Center freq. is 771.20625
Channel db is peak -61.6 and power -65.9.
as for HP2, I have the squelch set on 2 bars. The database is as of yesterday up to date.
I just moved here from Michigan. I never had these issues before, so I am really puzzled.

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
Your CCs are correct and I wish I had your antenna. If it were me, I'd use another program like SDR++ or SDR# to check out the signal to make sure the SDRs are working properly and that would take SDRTrunk out of the equation. The gain is probably way too high, though. Like Buddrousa said, you shouldn't have any signal issues.

msmakm67

Premium Subscriber
hopefully this helps

Attachments

• screen shot 1.png
    screen shot 1.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 16
  • screen shot 2.png
    screen shot 2.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 14
  • screen shot 3.png
    screen shot 3.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 15
  • screen shot 4.png
    screen shot 4.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 14

msmakm67

Premium Subscriber
all I have is sdrtrunk. I have had issue trying to install some of the other sdr software. thanks for letting me know about the snipping tool.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What I really wanted to see is in your second pic but you have the window shrunk at the top where the spectrum would be.

1711712705808.png

Click the tuner tab, click the tuner your trying on the TACN system, and make sure the spectrum is visible and try to get that pic. Like what I posted in post 5.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
So your second pic is showing good signal on the DMR but your top image does not show any signal. I would try what @ki4hyf suggests here. It's possible one dongle is not receiving.

If it were me, I'd use another program like SDR++ or SDR# to check out the signal to make sure the SDRs are working properly and that would take SDRTrunk out of the equation.

So if that's your antenna in the pic in post 4, how are you splitting it to the dongles?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
At this point, if running windows, I would download SDR# or SDR++ and manually tune to 770.50625 and 771.23125 and see if you can see any signal.

I pick up the PARIS SITE from Paris Landing to almost Dresden and from Murray to South of McKenzie.
Can you verify that the 2 freqs above are still control channels?

Your still going to need more dongles for the system as the site spans 4.15Mhz