State Park Frequncy's??

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilklown

I dont remeber if it was on RR site or what site i found but it had the state park frequncy's posted on it. i havent been able to find it agian. i was woundering if anyone else came acrossed them. Thanks.

skipshark773

Is this the site to which you were referring to?

http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/9952/dnr.htm

Also, most state parks have and use talkgroups on the state DTRS. Only in remote areas with poor 800MHz coverage will you find park personnel using the old VHF frequencies.

[edit]: if you had a bit more info, such as which park you wanted to listen to, I and/or the rest of the board would be better able to point you in the right direction.

Last edited:

skipshark773

skipshark773 said:
Also, most state parks have and use talkgroups on the state DTRS. Only in remote areas with poor 800MHz coverage will you find park personnel using the old VHF frequencies.

I take this back, earlier today at Chatfield I heard traffic from the DTRS Chatfield Ops TG (2372) simulcasted on the old DNR Tac-3 (151.370). Not sure if this was a one time only thing or if it was accidently patched. But I would assume this to be the exception to the rule, since they mostly use the DTRS.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
skipshark773 said:
I take this back, earlier today at Chatfield I heard traffic from the DTRS Chatfield Ops TG (2372) simulcasted on the old DNR Tac-3 (151.370). Not sure if this was a one time only thing or if it was accidently patched. But I would assume this to be the exception to the rule, since they mostly use the DTRS.

I know that seasonals and all park rangers at Chatfield no longer have VHF radios, so might have been an exception.

Jim<

skipshark773

I thought it was odd, since all of their traffic seems to take place on the DTRS. I did hear them talking about the dreaded dead spots, so it may have been related to that. I would assume that their radio cars still have VHF equipment in it just as CSP keeps VHF rigs in their cars.

evilklown

skipshark773 said:
Is this the site to which you were referring to?

http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/9952/dnr.htm

[edit]: if you had a bit more info, such as which park you wanted to listen to, I and/or the rest of the board would be better able to point you in the right direction.
Yup that is the one i thought i had saved it but i couldnt find it. thank you :)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
skipshark773 said:
I thought it was odd, since all of their traffic seems to take place on the DTRS. I did hear them talking about the dreaded dead spots, so it may have been related to that. I would assume that their radio cars still have VHF equipment in it just as CSP keeps VHF rigs in their cars.

No VHF radios even in the cars, we tried to land airlife last week in the park and could not find any park units with an operational VHF radio.

Jim<

skipshark773

Hmm, thats interesting. Their DTRS coverage must be good enough that they can scrap all of their old VHF equip. I think that Roxborough SP still has VHF equip in their vehicles. I was over there about a week ago and saw one of their trucks with both an 800MHz and VHF antenna on its roof.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
skipshark773 said:
Hmm, thats interesting. Their DTRS coverage must be good enough that they can scrap all of their old VHF equip. I think that Roxborough SP still has VHF equip in their vehicles. I was over there about a week ago and saw one of their trucks with both an 800MHz and VHF antenna on its roof.

Believe Rox and Castlewood Canyon and others outside the metro area do, but Cherry Creek and Chatfield are all DTRS now.

Jim<

skipshark773

DNR Tac-3 (151.370 CSQ) lit up with activity again this AM. It sounded like maintenance personnel, campground hosts, and administrative personnel. I didnt hear any rangers on the frequency. Sounds like chatfield might have kept their old equipment for non-LE personnel to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.