State Parks & Fish/Wildlife updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Please be patient while I conduct further updates to these agencies. Official information was obtained and it could take several days before all updates have been completed.

Thank you.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
New Hungry Valley State Park (Tehachapi District) Frequency

Rangers Repeater (Analog)
DCS 125

This is confirmed

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Fish & Game

The other day I heard Fish & Game (Wildlife) Units on 151.415 PL 103.5, Black Mountain, Lassen County. The unit was talking to Lassen County Sheriff. The database shows a different PL.

kma371

QRT
The other day I heard Fish & Game (Wildlife) Units on 151.415 PL 103.5, Black Mountain, Lassen County. The unit was talking to Lassen County Sheriff. The database shows a different PL.

Yeah I sent you a message about your submission but didnt hear back. The official documents I have match what's in the database. Can you keep listening and try to double confirm?

SCPD

QRT
New Guy

I am new to this website and live in Arizona so I hope i'm not butting in here. I retired from a large park agency and kinda of a park/forest geek. I once applied to Calif. DPR and have kept up with them for many years because of it. Each year I look up the data the State parks publish. In the 2014-2015 budget year there was a realignment of the organization in the San Francisco and south northern Coast area. Some areas were reassigned and district lines moved. There is not a Marin or Russian River district anymore. Russian River is now a sector in the Bay Area District (was Diablo Vista more or less). The Russian River District is now a sector in the New Sonoma-Mendocino Coast District. Mendocino is now is now in this Sonoma etc. district. I think that radio frequency use would line up with sectors depending on what the freq. use was when those sectors used to be districts. There are more changes but this covers the main ones.

The database shows the districts as they were organized prior to 2014-2015. I hope I can attach a couple of things from the DPR website, but don't know as this is all new to me.

Well i can't seem to understand how to attach a file so will look at finding website addresses to post. It's really late so it will have to be another day.

Attachments

• 2015 California State Park System Map.pdf
    857.5 KB · Views: 203

SCPD

QRT
Well somehow the map was attached. Real quick I will try to attach the long district/sector/park listing. This is long, but there is one section near the top that has the listing.

Out of time, it wouldn't download because of a security token, which is Greek to me. I will try to find a web address.

kma371

QRT
Yea I noticed the new districts you are talking about while doing the updates. The documents I received are dated Feb 2016 and still list the old districts. I'll have to figure out what goes where after I finish with everything.

The same state map was also attached but the PdF you provided was a bit better quality.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Fish & Game

I'm still receiving 103.5 PL on 154.415 for Black Mountain, Lassen, County.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
I think there may be some confusion over input tone vs output tone. He is receiving 103.5. I believe the database is showing the input tones. ????

kma371

QRT
I think there may be some confusion over input tone vs output tone. He is receiving 103.5. I believe the database is showing the input tones. ????

As far as I know, and from monitoring, the input tones carry over to the output, but the actual repeaters are supposed to be CSQ. I program all mine with tones and have no issues listening at least in my area. Maybe it's different up north.

SCPD

QRT
I am new to this website and live in Arizona so I hope i'm not butting in here. I retired from a large park agency and kinda of a park/forest geek. I once applied to Calif. DPR and have kept up with them for many years because of it. Each year I look up the data the State parks publish. In the 2014-2015 budget year there was a realignment of the organization in the San Francisco and south northern Coast area. Some areas were reassigned and district lines moved. There is not a Marin or Russian River district anymore. Russian River is now a sector in the Bay Area District (was Diablo Vista more or less). The Russian River District is now a sector in the New Sonoma-Mendocino Coast District. Mendocino is now is now in this Sonoma etc. district. I think that radio frequency use would line up with sectors depending on what the freq. use was when those sectors used to be districts. There are more changes but this covers the main ones.

The database shows the districts as they were organized prior to 2014-2015. I hope I can attach a couple of things from the DPR website, but don't know as this is all new to me.

Well i can't seem to understand how to attach a file so will look at finding website addresses to post. It's really late so it will have to be another day.

I made an error above. I meant to start out with saying the old Marin District is now a sector in the new Bay Area District. I think that districts and sectors were kept intact as units when they were moved into the new Bay Area and Sonoma-Mendocino Coast District. The Marin District is now a sector and the Russian River District is now a sector. Regardless of the district they are in now and regardless of them being sectors instead of districts I think the radio frequencies they had will remain the same and cover the same areas they did. There are other districts that have different frequencies for each sector and it would make little sense to change frequencies in a bunch of mountain tops just because the lines of authority have changed.

There may be more changes than I've listed above. I haven't put the 2014-2015 report next to the 2013-2014 report to see every little change. Here is a link to the latest report (2014-2015):

https://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/795/files/14-15 Statistical Report - INTERNET.pdf

Its kinda hard to find on the DPR website, but has a lot of useful information, especially when you have to place a park unit in the right cubbyhole of agency's organization. I think between the map and the report the database can be updated to reflect the new district lines. It sounds like the most recent radio info hasn't caught up with the changes. That happens a lot in agencies where the radio types don't keep up with the organization, especially when those organization changes don't really affect the radio system.

Thanks kma for finding the official info on these agencies. When I program my scanners and ham handhelds for Calif. its nice to have when I visit friends and family that lives there. I love that north coast area, lots of dirt roads going to isolated places.

kma371

QRT
That's a great document thanks. All of the park listings will be moved from the subcatagories to the wiki so this will be great for the reorganizing.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Maybe I'm missing it, but I do not see Prairie City OHV Park's frequency of 770.18125 (222 NAC) listed in the database. It is actually quite strong for such a small coverage area. I can hear it loud and clear at my office in South Sacramento. Its fairly active, at least once and hour or so when the park is open there's traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.