State parks page out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been listening to this frequency 155.9250 for awhile now sounds like a page out channel for state parks. I heard a water rescue and maintenance workers getting paged out. FYI it's state parks dispatch "central" paging them out. Can anyone confirm that this is a state parks frequency?

cousinkix1953

The city of San Jose used to have a high power one-way paging system on 155.925 mhz. I don't know if they still use it; because there is nothing in the database. Try to get some streey names and play with your Google maps.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
appears its probably what cousin says..

kmk323

1 - Fixed MOUNT CHUAL
NEW ALMADEN, CA SANTA CLARA County 37-07-08.8 N, 121-50-01.8 W

2 - Fixed 855 N SAN PEDRO ST
SAN JOSE, CA SANTA CLARA County 37-21-00.8 N, 121-54-19.8 W

3 - Fixed EAGLE ROCK RADIO FACILITY
SAN JOSE, CA SANTA CLARA County 37-23-46.8 N, 121-48-56.8 W

4 - Fixed 2661 CAROL DR
SAN JOSE, CA SANTA CLARA County 37-17-14.8 N, 121-51-56.8 W

000155.92500000 1 1 1 FB 1 40.000 100.000
000155.92500000 2 1 1 FB 1 75.000 135.000
000155.92500000 7 1 1 MO 100 100.000 100.000

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
appears its probably what cousin says..

4 - Fixed 2661 CAROL DR
SAN JOSE, CA SANTA CLARA County 37-17-14.8 N, 121-51-56.8 W
Not relevant to anything, but that Carol Dr address rang a bell... it was Robert Kelty's home address for his early editions of "Government Radio Systems" books and disks, in the late 80s, until the early 90s. Huh.

cousinkix1953

Not relevant to anything, but that Carol Dr address rang a bell... it was Robert Kelty's home address for his early editions of "Government Radio Systems" books and disks, in the late 80s, until the early 90s. Huh.
Quement Electronics used to sell those "Government Radio Systems" books at their retail store on Bascom Avenue. I still have the 1984 or 85 volume with the red cover. These were organized alphabetically by counties and cities. Private security guards, tow trucks and the like were listed at the ends of the counties sections.

Seperate sections were reserved for the state and federal agencies too. These books contained lots of detailed information regarding the Alphabet agencies too. The Government Radio Systems volumes included technical information on the PLs, even though scanners didn't even have this programming option 25 years ago.

Quement Electronics closed many years ago. I don't know if Robert Kelty is still around; but Gene C Hughes (Police Call) died a couple of years ago in Los Angeles...

cousinkix1953

He is and he's still producing his books. He doesn't have as great of resources as he used to but he gets some good intel once and a while.
That's cool! I haven't seen those books for more than 20 years. With Quement's long gone, there aren't many places to find them either...

kevinparrish

Premium Subscriber
Robert Kelty / Government Radio Systems

Greetings,

I was taking a trip down memory lane reading this post and wanted to advise that Robert Kelty (WA6GEL) is very much alive and still publishing his frequency directories covering California.

Government Radio Systems & Federal Radio Systems are just a couple of Keltys' current publications as of December 2012 which are available via surface mail.

For those that have seen the various publications from Kelty over the past 30-years you understand the very detailed nature of his publications and research.

No email address available for him but here's his current contact info for those interested in the various publications.

Robert Kelty
1224 Madrona Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125

SCPD

QRT
I used to keep in touch with Kelty more than I do now. He stayed at my house one night while on a research trip. I can assure you that his research was superb. He had a huge number of contacts within many government agencies, and his books were used to program Kings by all sorts of people. He is an interesting person as well, we talked long into the night and I had to work the next day!

SCPD

QRT
I should add that agency employees used Kelty's books to program their Kings.

I'm wondering if "Central," the center that is responsible for dispatching for State Parks and Department of Fish and Game for the central coast area, dispatches for some local agencies involved in beach EMS and rescue. State and federal interagency dispatch centers often dispatch for some local agencies that are intermingled with state and federal jurisdictions. It could be that these pages are simulcast on state park frequencies. I've never heard paging on state park frequencies, but my location only allows reception of one state park repeater serving two parks that have low use when compared to the coastal parks.

Central still dispatches F&G and state parks here in Monterey and Santa cruz counties not sure on the other counties. State parks is always scanning local agencies before even Central gets the calls. Once Monterey county goes p25 encrypted they are going rely on Central again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.