State Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerzkool

Scanning the Pajarito Plateau since 1995.
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I recently stayed at Cities of Rocks and Elephant Butte. I did not hear one single transmission from freqs in the database. I was very surprised to hear nothing at the Butte. Have they gone digital? Have the joined the new state system?

Anybody out there hearing them from the information in the database?

Bewildered......as always

ChrisABQ

Here's a thread that was just started for Sierra County

beerzkool

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I saw that thread.

I was inquiring about the two State Park frequencies in the RR database. I never heard a transmission while I stayed at two State Parks this month.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
State parks, like most of the public works end they use cell phones. The fear of a public works worker being heard thing. Seems to be a NM thing. The repeaters are there but hardly used at all mainly yoid see them used for a major event or rescue since every agency has it in their lineup on VHF end.

Law enforcement and fire tend to utilize county level channels around Southern NM such as game and fish, state fire level, parks LE tends to be NMSP or game and fish anymore. NMSP uses its respective end game fish hops back and forth.

As for the frequencies there is some other licenses they do use (Sierra County) not listed one would have a do a search for.

What were you using to monitor with?

beerzkool

Premium Subscriber
sds 100.

I heard the Sheriff and T or C police just fine.

I think you are right about cell phone diminishing radio transmissions. I have been in this hobby for over 30 years and have noticed the decline.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
sds 100.

I heard the Sheriff and T or C police just fine.

I think you are right about cell phone diminishing radio transmissions. I have been in this hobby for over 30 years and have noticed the decline.
They were operating in clear? Must be in mixed mode. Entire day i was there it was nothing but garble with strange ids and a console id of 1.

beerzkool

Premium Subscriber
I was down at the Butte 15th thru the 18th. I heard Sierra SO and TorC PD in the clear on the non-digital freq's in database. I had downloaded the database before the new update recently done. I guess I was one of the last to hear them on analog......

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
When I lived in New Mexico in the late 70's-early 80's I don't recall ever hearing anything on the state park repeater frequency. I lived in a location where I heard most of the repeaters from south of Santa Fe all the way down to Socorro. I also traveled quite a bit with a handheld and mobile in one of our vehicles. I don't remember hearing anything while doing that either.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
State parks are very quite and not very chatty. Most parks are simplex. Your lucky to hear radio traffic mostly on busy park times like holidays and weekends. Whats in the Data base is correct but most parks don't use the radio much.

hhall2260

Premium Subscriber
New Flash NM has licensed 4 channels from the Marine Band at each NM lake State Park both base and mobile.

156.425 CH 68
156.450 CH 9
156.800 CH 16
156.850 CH 17

I would assume if you are boating many folks would be able to call the park rangers for help in theory, or they are using these channels for their own business thus the two main park frequencies are very quite because they are using these frequencies for day to day BS as the rule is they cannot be used on land inside the USA and are for costal waters and large lakes??? Notice CH 9 maybe they figure some people who have boats do not know CH 16 is for and have it from the old CB days. The next question is will they actually answer you if you call for help, maybe they don't want to make it too public incase they don't answer and get sued for not paying attention just a thought!

I sent in the information for each license and lake maybe Radio Reference Page will print or add it to there list hope so!

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Feed Provider
Sometimes I'll hear Bluewater state park off La mosca.

Marine 16 is distress & calling, 17 is state government maritime control, 9 is boater calling, and 68 is "non-commercial."

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Park Ranger boats and stations have always had and monitor marine ch 16. You can always call for help on that channel at any state park with water and boat officers.

Most the state parks will soon be moving to the state trunking system as well. With new all band radios being installed so they can still monitor the VHF channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.