State Patrol Hwy 61

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0GX

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to be taking a trip to St. Louis the middle of next month, I was wondering what frequencies to use for the State Patrol along Hwy 61 between Iowa and St. Louis. I seem to have the counties along the route figured out, as well as the St. Louis area, but I'm not real sure what to do for the State Patrol. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kyle

shaft

Troop C will be the main troop to listen to on your route.
42.14 and 42.10. You can take a look at the database and under Missouri/Department of Public Safety/TroopC you could load all the low band stuff.

For the northern part of MO, Troop B is what you'll want to listen to. Perhaps someone else with some local knowledge of that area can pipe in.

I can tell you that for the many times I travel north of the metro area on Hwy 61, there is very little trooper activity north of Troy. Lots of areas to cover with very little troopers on at a time up there.

Watch for speed traps south of Bowling Green, and as you approach and depart Moscow Mills.

talkpair

As far as the highway patrol goes, you'll be traveling through Troop B from the Iowa line until you get to the Ralls/Pike county line. For the remainder of the trip, you'll be in Troop C.

Troop B is located in Macon, Missouri. According to the license, in addition to their main transmitter in Macon, they also have a 350 watt remote transmitter in Quincy, Illinois. They talk to the cars using 42.82 (PL 186.2). The cars talk back using 42.22 (PL 186.2).
The repeaters for Troop B cars really aren't worth mentioning because you won't be in the path of them.

You can hear car-to-car on 42.82 (PL 186.2), which is the same as the dispatch frequency.

As far as Troop C goes, I'll let some of the others answer your question for that area. I am not familiar with how it is divided up radio-wise.

For all troops in Missouri:
Car-to-car can be heard on 42.00 (PL 186.2), TAC 3 154.935 (PL 203.5), TAC 4 154.665 (PL 203.5)

For more information: Department of Public Safety (DPS) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

stlouisx50

I don't know if you have taken the trip yet, but to further update this post. I'd program in 148.600 mhz , if you hear that , you know a car is near-by.

Also just for FYI, the MSHP-DOT vehicles do not use the radio much according to a dispatch I heard from Troop C dispatch to a Troop C Car that was inquiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.