State Patrol S W MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankM

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know is the State Patrol S W area (Marshall Disp) has gone digital and if so, what control channel would they be on and any Talk Groups for the cars ? Thanks

REDave

I heard they are shooting for late spring or early summer of 2010, however I do not see any sites active in that area yet.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I heard they are shooting for late spring or early summer of 2010, however I do not see any sites active in that area yet.

And from my experience you can add atleast 6 months to a year to anything you hear.

Troop04

The only districts that are live on the ARMER system are Rochester, St. Cloud, and the Metro area. All the other districts are still operating on the VHF system.

kb0vkt

SW MN Digital towers

If you have a digital scanner just do a search
and if in ranch of the tower you should pick it up. Might not be much on it yet but
tower shows it is on from the map.
these two sites are the state sites the state is putting up i'm sure the county is planning
on adding additional towers and or frequencies for the system

040-233 Marshall (Lyon Co) wqkz779 851.9875 853.4875 853.9000 856.7625 857.7625 ON
040-289 Russel (Lyon Co) wqkz779 851.4875 852.4250 858.4375 858.9375 859.9375 OFF

both granite and echo towers are online at this time. see my site for control channels

If you look at this map the #'s below the tower site is the tower id. just add a 2
to sw since that is zone 2.

here is a link of the current state wide zones by county. just add that zone # to the front and that is the tower id #.
http://www.swmnradio.org/MSO Option 10.pdf

Current map of towers online at this time.
http://www.srb.state.mn.us/pdf/ARMER Site Map 2010-01-06c.pdf

I'm trying to keep a good record of sites for easy programming i just need the control channels
but this will help you get started. Site changes daily for updates.
State Mutual Aid Talkgroups

guitarbrian30

search

Tim thanks for that awesome website and other links.

I will program my scanner as I am in Luverne and other parts of SW minnesota everyday. I would be glad to see if those Freq's become active.

I will be in Marshall in the morning :)

kb0vkt

state patrol sw mn

sounds good

if you can get the control frequency for the marshall tower that would be great for my records.

should be id 040-233

thanks

K

kb0nly

sounds good

if you can get the control frequency for the marshall tower that would be great for my records.

should be id 040-233

thanks

Been listening down here and so far the last few times i was in Marshall there is still no control channel data on any of the frequencies listed for the Marshall site. Maybe its not in use or turned on yet??

The Russel site has been active, sometimes the control channel is on for days, sometimes hours. But it hasn't been on 24/7 from my monitoring. State Patrol and MNDOT are still on analog VHF here, just heard State Patrol on the 2300 District frequencies as listed on RR ten minutes ago, and with all the snow MNDOT has been very active and all on analog VHF yet.

If i hear a control channel become active for the Marshall site i will let you guys know so you can update the info on RR.

schulz476

Feed Provider
tim i need help

hey tim i just bought the same scanner you have and i cant figure this thing out. if you could help us that would be great. we are planning to broadcast on rr for willmar since you arent going to anymore. any help would be appreciated. thanks

kevin0608

Premium Subscriber
Frank i am in hutchinson amd have been hereing marshal dispatch and car to car on hector tower that just went on line a few days ago. marshall dispatch id 28500 car to car 28502. Have been hering quite a bit of traffic tonight. Hope this helps
kevin

blue5011

I heard Marshall Disp a few days ago. I don't remember the talkgroup Id, may have been from Comfrey tower. As Marshall is way off my path I locked both Marshall Disp and Comfrey tower out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.