State Patrol squads in Milwaukee County

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkescan

Anyone know why State cars seem to be patrolling Milwaukee County freeways now. I guess it could just be one squad, but they talk direct to Sheriff. I hear State Patrol dispatch a lot more too calling Sheriff on F2

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
I have been seeing both a marked and unmarked on the road right of way by the the Zoo inter change.Thought they might he be monitoring the weight limits.

mkescan

I have been seeing both a marked and unmarked on the road right of way by the the Zoo inter change.Thought they might he be monitoring the weight limits.

This has been going on for almost a year now, but now I hear them a lot more on Sheriff F2, heard State cars all over freeway from 794 and out to Zoo area.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Sorry for the late response...I haven't been to this site in months. There is a lot going on so my presence here will be limited for a while.

There are several reasons that more WSP units are seen in Milwaukee County, dating back several years. Some of this includes residency, but most of it is due to various mitigation projects that are occuring.

Since last summer, there has been a visible presence in the Zoo interchange area by motor carrier enforcement Inspectors and Troopers. The MCE units have been handling truck enforcement and the others are there for to handle traffic snafu's, detours, etc. There have been other smaller or shorter term projects that have required WSP units to be in certain places of the county.

Don't forget that while WSP is not tasked with primary enforcement on the Interstate system in Milwaukee County, there is nothing prohibiting WSP units from being there. At any given time, there are likely to be several WSP units running around in the county, so to see one is not nearly as rare as it used to be.

As it pertains to the use of MCSO F2, it's been used sporadically since we got the capability but due to some other factors it's being used more than the telephone now to get ahold of the Sheriff.

protias

Premium Subscriber
I thought I read an article earlier this year saying Milwaukee County was going to do less traffic enforcement on the freeway due to costs.

mkescan

Thanks Stateboy.
There were several times at night when I am sure deputies were glad they were in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.