State Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

So Lincoln base State Patrol frequencies are 42.3 and 42.46 but it is hard if not impossible to hear 42.3 if state patrol is to far away is it possible to hear them on repeater frequencies and if so what are the repeater frequencies. 452.5 and 457.15 also I hear 42.46 repeated on 452.85 are those the correct frequencies?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The State Patrol does not use mobile repeaters like most city and county systems. The system they use employs "remote bases".

All base station towers in the Lincoln dispatch area transmit on 42.460 and receive on 42.300.

452.500 and 457.150 are links to the remote base sites. 452.500 is the link from Lincoln to the Auburn tower. 457.150 is the link from Lincoln to the mead tower.

There are also links on the remote towers that relay mobile traffic back to the Lincoln dispatch. 457.500 is the link from Auburn to Lincoln and 452.150 is the link from Mead to Lincoln.

If you are in or around Auburn, you will hear mobile traffic on 457.500.

452.150 is a unique link freqency, because both the Lincoln and Omaha dispatch centers use this tower. If you are close enough to the Mead tower, you will hear both the Base traffic and mobile traffic that is using the Mead tower.

452.850 does not appear to be an NSP frequency. It is not listed in the FCC database as a NSP frequency. Are you hearing NSP traffic on this frequency?

In the past, NSP used the 450mhz links to remote bases on most every remote tower. Lately, NSP has been moving to phone lines to connect remote bases.

The mobile radio traffic that is received on the Lincoln tower is relayed to the dispatch center via phone lines, thus the mobile traffic is not repeated.

Sorry about the long post, but I hope it clears up some of your questions. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Astrak

So basically there is no repeater frequencies that would make it easier to hear the State Patrol ok. I have heard some traffic on that frequency it seems to be State Patrol because I have heard APB's on it before.

SCPD

QRT
Is the State Patrol looking into using repeaters or just keep their communications system the way it is.

Pro92

NSP

KG4WHM said:
Is the State Patrol looking into using repeaters or just keep their communications system the way it is.
Same w/ HQ 'B' their going the sme repeaters as is for now. Troop 'B' is Norfolk. their frequencies are 42.180,42.250&2800 :)

Pro92

"?" Does E-911 have anything to do w/ a TRUNKED SYSTEM. in Madison,NE MadisonS.O. is looking for a vendor for E-911 system. One vendor they are looking @ is www.GEMCOM.com unknown is this for a TRS.
Thanks!

bsavery

need2speed said:
"?" Does E-911 have anything to do w/ a TRUNKED SYSTEM. in Madison,NE MadisonS.O. is looking for a vendor for E-911 system. One vendor they are looking @ is www.GEMCOM.com unknown is this for a TRS.
Thanks!

No... E-911 is a totally different system. It concerns the calls into the 911 center from the public. Basically it involves a computer system that reads the incomming ANI information, looks up the number in a database, then displays the entry for that address to the 911 operator.

Additional enhancements also can read the GPS signals (or at least use tower signal reads to get a close approximation) from cell phones to locate those callers.

Some of the E-911 systems are also tied into a CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system to help the operator quickly select the units that should respond to the call

Clear as mud? :)

Bob

Pro92

E-911

bsavery said:
need2speed said:
Thanks!

No... E-911 is a totally different system. It concerns the calls into the 911 center from the public. Basically it involves a computer system that reads the incomming ANI information, looks up the number in a database, then displays the entry for that address to the 911 operator.

Additional enhancements also can read the GPS signals (or at least use tower signal reads to get a close approximation) from cell phones to locate those callers.

Some of the E-911 systems are also tied into a CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system to help the operator quickly select the units that should respond to the call

Clear as mud? :)

Bob
Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Rob

garrygordon

Hi, not sure if this is the way to get into this conversation or not, brand new to this. I live in Fremont. what frequencies should I program to hear the State Patrol? Thanks for any help. Just got the scanner today.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the hobby!

Here is a link to the State Patrol Frequencies

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=857

Fremont is part of Troop A. Troopers in your area will be dispatched through Omaha.

State Patrol is on low band frequencies so your reception will be very short range on a "rubber duck" handheld scanner antenna. With the stock antenna, you will only hear about 5-10 miles. Reception will vary depending on your antenna setup.

I would program the following frequencies:
42.340 Base
42.180 Mobiles to 42.340
42.460 Base
42.300 Mobiles to 42.460
42.480 Base
42.280 Mobiles to 42.480
42.040 Mobile to Mobile/Mobile to Aircraft "Enforce 1"
45.740 Mobile to Mobile "Enforce 2"
45.820 Mobile to Mobile "Enforce 3"
465.525 Mobile Extender
452.150 Mead Tower Repeater