State Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

pngoat

Premium Subscriber
I live equal distance from the Deerfield, Baraboo, Milton, and, Bluemound towers. I was able to pick up all of them clearly. Now I can only get the Deerfield tower and not the other three towers. Does anyone know the reason for this? I have all the SW talk groups programed for each tower. Any information appreciated. Thank You.

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
Can you receive/decode all the towers but only hear radio traffic on Deerfield? The talkgroups should be forced on all the SW region WISCOM towers. I was picking them up on the Madison 800 site yesterday. If you have multiple scanners, try holding them on different sites and they should transmit the same traffic almost simultaneously.

w9bsd

Just to point out, if you are in the middle of all those sites you would probably be better off monitoring Madison VHF or 800. I've been hearing State Patrol on those sites consistently this week. I realize that doesn't explain the issue with the other sites.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sfd119

Could be that there's no radio affiliating with the other towers or they stopped forcing it out.

pngoat

Premium Subscriber
I can only receive/decode the Deerfield tower. Cannot receive/decode the other towers as I have in the past. I double checked all the frequencies, I entered, for the towers and they are correct. I have dumb question. What's the Madison 800 site? Thank You.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
I can vouch for the Baraboo site going quiet. Not a peep on it at all since I fired up the 996 tonight. Nothing changed on my end. Everything was fine over the weekend.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Just heard WSP 556 on SW Deforest 5 make a traffic stop. First thing I heard on Baraboo all night. Something doesn't seem right. Also Adams and Marquette scan vanished. Maybe they stopped pushing those out in preparation for WSP to switch full time to WISCOM ?

pngoat

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all for the advice. I programmed in Madison VH and Madison 800 and all the WSPSW talk groups. Both sites seem to be working well. Still can only receive the Deerfield tower and not the other three. Just out of curiosity are any other agency's using Madison VH or Madison 800? Again, thanks to all.

w9bsd

I haven't heard any local agencies. I heard Greenfield PD on the 800 site earlier in the week, and an ambulance at UW on one of the Sauk Co TGs. It also appears the Dane Co Scan TG is patched to Sheriff ch 1. So far that's all I've heard, but I've only listened a couple hours a day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.