State Police Bass River

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

I made a trip down the Parkway to Atlantic City Airport this morning and as I was passing the Bass River Station I noticed that the sign in front said Troop C Bass River. I checked the NJSP website and it shows the Parkway stations as Troop E. Does anyone know if this has changed? I last went down in September but really didn't take notice of the sign then.

Last edited:

asnhnetwork

I believe Troops D & E were merged into 1 since Nj Turnpike Authority took over Nre jersey Highway Authority

Tech792

I stand corrected. I passed the Holmdel barracks on the GSP yesterday and the sign says "Troop D" (not Troop E as it previously read) so apparently they have made some adjustments. The map on the web site must not be up to date.

DJ88

I would think Bass River would be D also. Hmmm??? I have to make the trip to AC Airport again Sat. Dec 3, so I'll eyeball the sign again and see if it still says Troop C.

SCPD

QRT
FYI: The maintance trucks on the Parkway now say New Jersey Turnpike Authority in a small circle on the doors. I noticed it as i was walking through the rest stop parking lot and a truck drove by. Little by little everything will be renamed.

2WAYMAN

11-24-11 Happy Thanksgiving to all!
This integration of the NJ Highway Authority into the NJ Turnpike Authority is getting really interesting to say the least. The other day I passed an accident in the northern end of the GSP and closely noticed that the license plates of both troop cars out at the scene were new and started with TP-XXXX which used to all be HA-XXXX. Anyone else see the same thing?????

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

The Turpike effectively bought the Parkway a couple of years ago. This caused a merge of a lot of resources between the two roadways. The dispatchers for the State Police moved from Cranbury (Turnpike) moved to the Woodbridge site, the Turnpike Operations dispatchers (maintenance and tows) moved to Woodbridge as well to join the Parkway State Police Dispatchers.

The Turnpike is now the parent agency between the two roadways and they reimburse the State Police for all vehicles, equipment and Trooper I salaries.

Since the vehicles now all belong to the TPA, all plates will say TP at the begining. The HA plates will be phased out as the registrations expire, I presume.

Both roadways now fall under Troop D and are commanded by a Major. The Turnpike is a seperate region, commanded by a Captain the Parkway is a seperate region also commanded by a Captain. There was a short time when they called it Region E of Troop D, but that was short lived.

Hope this helps!

garys

Premium Subscriber
Very helpful. Is this going to change any of the talk group usage or will the current TGs remain the same? Also, do government vehicle registrations expire in NJ? I know in many states the registration is valid for as long as the agency own the vehicle.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

The Turpike effectively bought the Parkway a couple of years ago. This caused a merge of a lot of resources between the two roadways. The dispatchers for the State Police moved from Cranbury (Turnpike) moved to the Woodbridge site, the Turnpike Operations dispatchers (maintenance and tows) moved to Woodbridge as well to join the Parkway State Police Dispatchers.

The Turnpike is now the parent agency between the two roadways and they reimburse the State Police for all vehicles, equipment and Trooper I salaries.

Since the vehicles now all belong to the TPA, all plates will say TP at the begining. The HA plates will be phased out as the registrations expire, I presume.

Both roadways now fall under Troop D and are commanded by a Major. The Turnpike is a seperate region, commanded by a Captain the Parkway is a seperate region also commanded by a Captain. There was a short time when they called it Region E of Troop D, but that was short lived.

Hope this helps!

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
The radios havent changed. Still the same channels, so I assume the TG's are the same, but there are others on this site that know much more about that than I do.

The regisrations expire just like every other registration would. The only thing that doesnt is the insurance card. All the state owned vehicles have fleet insurance (self insured) that doesnt expire and arent specific to any vehicle.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected. I passed the Holmdel barracks on the GSP yesterday and the sign says "Troop D" (not Troop E as it previously read) so apparently they have made some adjustments. The map on the web site must not be up to date.

Driving north on the GSP earlier today I went by the Brookdale Barracks and the sign said "Troop E".

Status
Not open for further replies.