State Police Frequency in Weirton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernpaw

I constantly hear Weirton Police tell THEIR dispatch that they will be out on a traffic stop with DPS unit (State Trooper). What frequency does the State Police talk on in the Weirton area? Also, Is that frequency a trunked or conventional frequency?

Thank you in advance.

swhetsell

Weirton should fall under Shinnston's dispatch in Troop 1. Check the db pages for WVSP Troop 1, and the channel for Shinnston. It's low band. I don't think they have moved to the WVIRP yet, but they may have. If you don't hear anything on lowband for a couple hours, especially near shift changes, I would guess they moved up.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
See my first post in the following thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/we.../129689-wvsp-troop-1-chester-moundsville.html

In a nutshell, if you're listening up in the Northern Panhandle you'll want

42.02 PL 173.8 - Base
45.34 PL 173.8 - Mobiles
453.400 PL 167.9 - mobiles are retransmitted on UHF on 453.400 down to Moundsville (listening on 458.400).

You may also hear traffic from time to time on 42.10 / 42.26, but what I hear is not the local guys but detachments farther downstate.

Mike

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
if they are like most of the troopers in the state, cell phone's because there low band systems sucks anymore. when you have a 15 year old radio with as many hours on tx as they do they are going to be bad. thats why alot of troopers in mason county have our counties uhf system on handhelds and talk to us, they even say when there dispatcher is trying to get ahold of them they call our 911 center or there cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.