158.985 Richmond 2 (NO traffic)

Heard traffic on both Chesapeake channels
Heard traffic on both Culpeper channels
Heard traffic on both Fairfax channels
Heard traffic only on Appomattox channel 2

Hope this helps you.

Mark

johndeerefan

i live in the northern neck and i hope i can pick up 159.000 because i have 158.985 i will give it a try thanks oh do u know why they quit talking on 158.985

MOTORHEAD3902

Sure, all thats needed is a digital-trunking scanner and some programming and you're back in business, hearing the State Police traffic for your area. Radio Shack has these as well as many online retailers. ScannerMaster is a sponsor of RadioReference, so you could always order from them online and have the radio shipped to your front door.

shumadine

You should be able to hear it on STARS if you have a STARS-equipped scanner. Having said that I didn't hear squat on STARS when I was in Lancaster County this summer just south of you. I don't know if there is a control channel I wasn't picking up or not. But you should be close enough to the Warsaw tower to pick it up. Let us know what you find out.

gcgrotz

There's only a handful of regular FM State Police channels, put them all in your scanner, especially the car-to-car freqs as you never know when you'll hear something on them. But plan on getting a digital scanner if you aren't equipped yet.

You might also try the VDOT freqs, they can be good during bad weather, snow, flooding, etc. Boring most of the time however.

Of course, your local Sheriff -Fire/rescue too.

Status
Not open for further replies.