"State police Lake County, clear ksp....."

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
It dates from the days long ago when almost all police departments in Lake County were on 156.210 and most of the fire departments were on the old 154.400 repeater. Before the ISP put in satellite receivers on ISPERN (in those days on 154.680) it was difficult for Lake County units to hear and be heard by District 2 over in Elgin.

Lake County applied for and was given permission to install an ISPERN base and to accept ISPERN broadcasts for Lake County agencies, which it still does to this day.

Over the years most police departments in Lake County installed independant radio systems, and the State Police has better ISPERN coverage in the area, but many Lake County towns as well as the SO still uses Lake County dispatch for ISPERN broadcasts.

There is some deja vu going on up here as well... Several Lake County towns are now using the Lake County EDACS system for dispatch operations, including Park City, Island Lake and Port Barrington. Wauconda is also supposed to be going as well. Others are looking into it.

My first scanner (Regency 8 Ch VHF) my Dad gave me 35 years ago had crystals for Lake County's channels since he bought it from a LCSO deputy. I listened to it day and night...

nerdboy

Ispern and lake county

well that answers that question for me too,as for the Island lake using lake county EDACS system, it's really nice. I can finally hear them from all over town.But as for wauconda, i lost there signal just about a week ago,but havn't hear where they are or anything.So if you know anything more please let me know. Thanks
john

bessiedawg

My first scanner (Regency 8 Ch VHF) my Dad gave me 35 years ago had crystals for Lake County's channels since he bought it from a LCSO deputy. I listened to it day and night...[/QUOTE]

Despite all the advances that have been made, somehow the days of eight channel scanners and crystals seems kinda refreshing. There was a certain excitment in buying a crystal, plugging it in, and waiting to hear the first transmission !

R

Rayjk110

Actually, I think ID 00-001 on LC Edacs is the ISPERN re-broadcast. there's also a few 400mhz links as well, that take all audio from satellites and repeat to who knows where, which is usually what I listen to. I'll have to dig that one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.