State Police monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9DUO

I will be traveling thru KY this weekend and wanted to listen to the state police. However Im a bit confused on how their system works. It is described as a UHF system that is APCO-25 compliant, but not trunked. I want to put this system in a Pro-2096 but am not sure how to program it. Can anyone give me some info?

freqs

kbburgess said:
I will be traveling thru KY this weekend and wanted to listen to the state police. However Im a bit confused on how their system works. It is described as a UHF system that is APCO-25 compliant, but not trunked. I want to put this system in a Pro-2096 but am not sure how to program it. Can anyone give me some info?
just program it like you would any other it auto picks up digital hit program put the freq# hit enter thats how i did last summer on my trip to western ky

StaticLine

Theres several posts here in the state,all listed by counties.If your not sure of which counties you will be going through,let me know if I can help.Just let me know your route.Freqs has you on the right track.Just dont do what I tried and put them in as mot.I didn't hear much till I used fm.Oh btw KSP has some dark grey unmarked suburbans now with interior blue lights.Trust me they blend in real well!!Gods speed and have a safe trip.John

K9DUO

Staticline and Freqs, thanks for the reply.
I have the state police system entered but I did program it as MOT, but I understand your saying just program it as FM?

StaticLine

10-4,thats what worked for me.Others may have had different results.I put in one bank in mot the other as conv fm.The fm picked up.Nothing on the mot.Freqs is right,it auto reads the fm to dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.