BCT15X: state police Orange County NY ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlaw496

Hi Everyone
2 Questions.
1- how do I direct my post to an area specific forum?
2- I can hear the state police dispatch in my area but cant figure out how or if I can Hear the mobile to base calls.
I am in Orange county new York.
Thank You

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
1 - You simply need to go to the New York forum and make your post there, not in the New User/Getting Started forum

2 - NYSP does not use repeaters, so you need to be close to the mobile units to hear them. Dispatch is on one frequency, mobiles are on a different frequency. If you are more than a mile or two from the SP mobile, you're likely not going to hear them unless you're using a good outdoor antenna. Even with that, range is going to be limited.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone
2 Questions.
1- how do I direct my post to an area specific forum?
2- I can hear the state police dispatch in my area but cant figure out how or if I can Hear the mobile to base calls.
I am in Orange county new York.
Thank You
Since you already have a post (this one), you should not create a new thread in the new York (or any other forum) on the same issue. hat's cross-posting, which is frowned upon. You simply need to have this thread moved instead.

To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.

tlaw496

Thanks for responding - but
A- (don't take this the wrong way) I an posting in the "new user" forum because I am new to this and don't know how this forum protocol works. I don't see the area specific forum , so should you post it and then move it? I must be missing something. I read the new user info but I am still not clear on this.
B - so how does the dispatch hear the mobiles responding?

tlaw496

Thanks so much bob that clears things up, however I am a billionaire so I think I'll buy a piece of the mountain and get me an antenna or two ( just Kidding).
I really do appreciate your help. Answer B is a bummer but now the sore spot on my head will heal over cause I'll stop scratching it while trying to figure out where the mobils are. Now I know why once in blue moon I would hear the trooper responding.
One more question
C - is there a proper way to end a post?
Thanks Again.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for responding - but
A- (don't take this the wrong way) I an posting in the "new user" forum because I am new to this and don't know how this forum protocol works. I don't see the area specific forum , so should you post it and then move it? I must be missing something. I read the new user info but I am still not clear on this.
No offense taken. As a new member, the New User Forum is a good place to start. Ask questions about scanners, either in general, or a little more specific. Monitoring or programming questions are also asked and answered here.

However, if you need more specific information on listening to agencies in your immediate area, you are more likely to get an answer from someone either in or near your county (or city) in the regional forum for the state. The regional forum is also where you're more likely to get a more accurate response on whether a specific model scanner can hear your local systems, or if it would be hampered by issues such as simulcast.

Similarly, if you have a very specific question about a particular scanner model, your post is more likely to be seen and answered in the forum for that manufacturer (such as Uniden or Whistler). But if your question is asked, and answered to your satisfaction in the New User forum, then that's good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.