State police troop c band plan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny6569

I downloaded the recently updated troop c system last night into my 396 xt, and i was just curious, why we would need a band plan now for the newer frequencies ? i looked into the band plan settings and seen 2 band plans used, in the older frequencies right before i downloaded the newer updated system, the band plans were never used, and also looking in band plan 2 the input offset numers are missing, band plan number 1 had a input number of 440, but the number 2 plan is missing for input offset, is that how this is supposed to be ? or am i doing something wrong here, i just wanna make sure the radios going to work right.

DJ88

According to Post #27, by Chauffer6 on the NJSP Rebanding Update thread, no custom band plan is required.

Last edited:

Danny6569

state police

yea thats what i thought but i wasnt really sure, i dont know why but when i downloaded it last night it also came through with a custom band plan like that. but when i did it a while back there wasnt any, its showing base frequency 1 as 851.025 for lower and 854.000 for higher offset being 440 and the spacing 25.0 and the base frequency for band plan 2 is 851.0125 for lower and for higher it is 868.9875 and the offset is missing and then it shows 25.0 for the spacing, so i wasnt sure what was going on ?

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Didnt use band plan

I put the freqs.on the RR list as a regular system and i pick everything up fine (no band plan)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I just returned from a Turkey Day trip up to NJ (Bergen county) and had no trouble with my 396. No special bandplan whatsoever. I was coming from my home in Maryland 73 Mike

Danny6569

state police

yea it seems to be workin fine here too, i just wasnt sure what was going on with this band plan thing, because i never had it in the older system i had in, it just came with the download when i did it last night, the only ongoing problem i have in my area is the reception, its like impossible to even pick up the state police around here without a roof antenna.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
I hear what you are saying here Danny. I was looking into my win500 program and mine to had a bandplan as you stated. It must be a rr thing only when useing software. But who am I to make speculations..

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Moto type 2 Smart Zn

Yeah thats what i meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.