State Police Unit ID question (Troop F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

Yesterday there was a MVA with injuries on the Newburgh Beacon Bridge. Over the state police radio, I heard SP Middletown call 7F65 and tell them where on the bridge the accident was.

Does anyone know what 7F65 is? A 7 in that spot of the radio number normally means an outside PD unit that is dispatched by state police, but there is no agency like that anywhere near the Newburgh Beacon Bridge, and normally they have 3 numbers after the F.

sc800

It is route 84, but it is no longer covered by Troop T. It is now covered by Troop F out of New Hampton. Normal units are 2F7X series

Spec

:wink:7F65 was assigned to the NYSBA many years ago. The NYSBA has a command center with radio comms to both SP K and F Troops to name just a few.

sc800

Okay thanks. I thought it was an old NYSBA unit, but I wasn't sure. I'm guessing that 7F65 is not the official call sign for the command post though?

Spec

Okay thanks. I thought it was an old NYSBA unit, but I wasn't sure. I'm guessing that 7F65 is not the official call sign for the command post though?

They've been using "NYSBA Command Post" at the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.