state police

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflyersguy

how come when i scan on my pro-96 once i enter all there info about state police. on scan mode it dont pick anything up but if i hit manual it picks them up nice and clear

GM

Premium Subscriber
The following comes from the "Programming Help" thread in this NJ forum posted by me:

"You are going to have to read the Owners Manual for the Pro-96 possibly several times and in pieces so that you don't overwhelm yourself with the technical stuff early on. After reading it several times, you will understand how it works and the neat tricks that it can do for you. Some of your questions are covered in the book already, while others are, but not necessarily out in the open (like the computer programming stuff, which I don't know how to work yet either). This is the way I learned about my scanner & the hobby, and it worked. Once you conquer how to work the new toy, you will have hours of listening enjoyment, and less frustration. But do it in stages, and don't get too pissed off at yourself too quickly if you don't know what's going on. We all learned, and went through the same frustration! Welcome to the Club." - GM

From what I remember about this radio, you probably programmed it in conventional mode, instead of trunk mode. See what you did, read the owners manual again, and break it down piece by piece. This should help you out. If, after reading the manual several times over a few days doesn't help, post & then someone with better knowledge will be able to guide you through it or point to other threads in which your questions can be answered. There are myraid of possibilities, but this is only one.

Last edited:

AVL

it could have something to do with id switching if you hit manual and slect the MOT mode youll see the diffrent ids that move around while the freq is active

Status
Not open for further replies.