State Troopers On Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
OK, I've done enough monitoring here in the Auburn-Opelika area to be able to post the following. This has been speculated on in previous threads. Recently, troopers out of the Opelika Post are regularly using "DPS 2" (Talkgroup 1811) on the Montgomery Metro P25 system. At times, their traffic is simulcast with the VHF channel (155.445/159.030). I've also monitored radio traffic from mobile units out of the Montgomery post on I-85 & I-65 in the Montgomery area on that same talkgroup (1811).

Metrofire31
Auburn-Opelika
WREX563

medic9351301

Banned
just currious do you hear them on the metro system when its not patched/simulcated back to vhf ? or only when its patched/simulcasted to metro system ?

Reactions: zac

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
just currious do you hear them on the metro system when its not patched/simulcated back to vhf ? or only when its patched/simulcasted to metro system ?

Oddly enough, I've heard them both ways - simulcasted on VHF and exclusively on the Metro System. Not sure if this is all preparing for an all-out transition to the trunked system but I'm guessing it's not because of the limited coverage area of the Montgomery system. If they were using the AIRS system I could come closer to understanding them eventually moving away from VHF.

RadShackFan

Oddly enough, I've heard them both ways - simulcasted on VHF and exclusively on the Metro System. Not sure if this is all preparing for an all-out transition to the trunked system but I'm guessing it's not because of the limited coverage area of the Montgomery system. If they were using the AIRS system I could come closer to understanding them eventually moving away from VHF.

Same here.

sadave

Good morning!

ALEA Highway Patrol Troop A has also been heard on AIRS TGs 28111 and 28113 on the Orange Beach and Magnolia Springs sites. It is infrequent and might be a patch for special operations or only in use by one or more specially equipped vehicles.

mike36507

Premium Subscriber
Good morning!

ALEA Highway Patrol Troop A has also been heard on AIRS TGs 28111 and 28113 on the Orange Beach and Magnolia Springs sites. It is infrequent and might be a patch for special operations or only in use by one or more specially equipped vehicles.
I've heard that as well on the Robertsdale site. The audio isn't that great though.

SmithRJ

Good morning!

There's now a connection between AIRS and Mobile County Communications District's Harris system that was built specifically for the troopers. MCCD outfits almost all Troop A units with radios on their system and there was some effort made into making AIRS and MCCD "talk with each other" so there would be seemless coverage in Mobile/Baldwin counties.

sadave

Good morning!

Over the Memorial Day weekend, ALEA stationed a helicopter at the Gulf State Parking Pavilion to deploy lifeguards from Orange Beach and Gulf Shores as rescue swimmers. They could be heard on Orange Beach Fire (TG 20211) and Gulf Shores Fire (TG 20212) as Air 1. The link below indicates they will be back for Independence Day and Labor Day weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.