State trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricHoffman

I am all of a sudden getting Barnstable county transport on my MSP zones. It also sounds like open carriers all over the MSP system. This is on my 396, 346 and 2 996xt. I programmed and reprogrammed. Does anyone have an idea why? My search is set to scan. I bought a brand new 346 today and it is doing it on that as well.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
MSP = ?

When posting in the General forum, a little more information as to your location would help.

EricHoffman

state trunking

Sorry, I am in Massachusetts. I am getting talk groups I have not programmed on Motorolla trunking system. This is happening now on 4 of my new digitals and not on an older digital I have. No matter what I have done it continues. I have dumped the radio back to factory specs, uploaded new software and reprogrammed 100 times..

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your thread to the Massachusetts forum. An area specific question would get more answers in the appropriate regional forum. Good luck.

EricHoffman

fantastic.. I thought I was the only one. I spent hours trying to figure this out.. DOT, transport vehicle ETC.. hopefully it is fixed soon! Thank You

ecps92

What TG ??

Likely you are listening to the Statewide DOC/SO Transports

I am all of a sudden getting Barnstable county transport on my MSP zones. It also sounds like open carriers all over the MSP system. This is on my 396, 346 and 2 996xt. I programmed and reprogrammed. Does anyone have an idea why? My search is set to scan. I bought a brand new 346 today and it is doing it on that as well.

EricHoffman

I have all adjacent troops added to that zone. I was getting DOC and something else all day, up until last night. I haven't heard anything today. Sounds like other people were hearing it as well.

talkpair

I'm suspecting a problem with the table in your scanners.

Are these sites in the re-banding process?

Before you change anything, sit on a single site a while and start jotting down frequencies as they appear on the scanner's display. Note whether you heard voice or open carrier or static.

Check your list of frequencies against those in the database.

If some match, but some don't, it probably means the site has re-banded and you need to re-band your scanners.

If nothing matches, post the site name and the list of frequencies your radio was being steered to, as well as the table you selected when you set your system up.

N1JGE

Premium Subscriber
I was getting a lot of TGID's that I had not added and someone told me to use ID Scan and it work for me. I don't know if that will help you but you can try.

EricHoffman

Thank you for replying guys, I tried all the above to no avail, which leads me to believe the problem is on the MSP tech side seeing as though I was not the only one hearing it as I found out later in the day. These frequencies were re banded last year. Coincidence I programmed the day before and thought perhaps the Butel software messed up on me.

ecps92

MSP was rebanded long ago.

Before you change anything, sit on a single site a while and start jotting down frequencies as they appear on the scanner's display. Note whether you heard voice or open carrier or static.

If some match, but some don't, it probably means the site has re-banded and you need to re-band your scanners.

If nothing matches, post the site name and the list of frequencies your radio was being steered to, as well as the table you selected when you set your system up.

N1BHH

Just check the control frequencies and be sure you have the correct ones programmed, simple solution. You really don't need to set up any tables at all, as long as you have the latest firmware and have looked in the database to confirm your programming.

N1JGE

Premium Subscriber
Just check the control frequencies and be sure you have the correct ones programmed, simple solution. You really don't need to set up any tables at all, as long as you have the latest firmware and have looked in the database to confirm your programming.

Not to steal the thread but I notice that I had other TGID's using the freq's that I needed in zone 5. The DOC comes to mine.

ecps92

TG's and Frequencies are like talking Apples and Oranges.

Many Agencies have access to Zone 5
DOC is one of them for the Statewide Transportation TG

What specific TG's

Not to steal the thread but I notice that I had other TGID's using the freq's that I needed in zone 5. The DOC comes to mine.

N1JGE

Premium Subscriber
TG's and Frequencies are like talking Apples and Oranges.

Many Agencies have access to Zone 5
DOC is one of them for the Statewide Transportation TG

What specific TG's

I haven't got it figured out and your probably right. I do know that some like the DOC came up when I didn't have their TGID plug in and when I change everything to ID scan I had them no more. Anyways hope he figures it out.

garys

Premium Subscriber
None of this applies to the MSP Zone 5 system. Rebanding finished a year or so ago. There has been a problem over the past few days, but most if it seems to be resolved except for channels hanging up.

Some of that might (or might not be) related to patches from the 700 Mhz overlay system being built in the Boston area.

As ECPS92 says, if the scanner is running in ID Search mode, you'll hear all sorts of traffic. The various prison and sheriff's department transport units move around and have access to most, if not all of the Zones on the system.

The problem seemed to be that there was a problem with the controller and traffic was showing up on the wrong Talk Groups.

ecps92

In the past, there was (if I recall) a Microwave issue where TGs were coming across the wrong TG's. I seem to recall C and A/H troops getting Paging interference from Cape Cod Departments toning out for a Dispatch....that was alteast 7-10 yrs ago and seemed to be resolved within a few days

None of this applies to the MSP Zone 5 system. Rebanding finished a year or so ago. There has been a problem over the past few days, but most if it seems to be resolved except for channels hanging up.

Some of that might (or might not be) related to patches from the 700 Mhz overlay system being built in the Boston area.

As ECPS92 says, if the scanner is running in ID Search mode, you'll hear all sorts of traffic. The various prison and sheriff's department transport units move around and have access to most, if not all of the Zones on the system.

The problem seemed to be that there was a problem with the controller and traffic was showing up on the wrong Talk Groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.