State wide ID for two counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

enki042000

Premium Subscriber
Hello Illinis'. I am from IN and am programing a scanner for a friend of mine who lives near the ILL/IN line. I looked at the StarCom21 page and I don't understand it. What are the talkgroups for Iroquois and Vermillian Counties? Also, are there any interoperability trunked freqs.and user groups between the two States? Thank you for the help in advance.
John
KC9QIY

N9JIG

Sheriff
There are only a few County and local operations using StarCom21 at this time for routine traffic, unlike Safe-T, SC21 has not made a large penetration into local operations. Iroquois and Vermilion counties remain on their VHF channels as listed in the RR database or CARMA Profiles.

As for Interop between the states there are the I-Tac channels that are common nationwide. In addition it is possible that some IN radios may have SC21 programmed into them as well as IL radios with Safe-T for interop on a case by case basis. I would imagine these to be limited to strategically chosen state agencies such as State Police, EMA or other agencies that cooperate across state lines.

They are supposed to be working on an inter-tie between the various Midwestern statewide trunking systems, including MI, OH, IN and IL but I have not seen any talkgroup assignments for such a system.

You can read more about the SC21 system at http://www.carmachicago.com/profiles/StarCom21.pdf

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.