TRX-2: State wide Motorola system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolinger

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a TRX-2. I'm having difficulty programming individual state trunking sites into a scan list. There are 4 sites that I would like to monitor on the South Dakota state system. When I put each of the sites into a separate scan list and scan, it seems to just focus on the first scan list and not check the other three scan lists. I have all four scan list on. Any advise would be appreciated.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Little confused about your setup, if there are four sites you need to manually program or duplicate the original imported system four times. This means in the trunked system tab you will see that system four times, each with only one site active (either delete other sites or lock them out). Simply importing/manually adding system one time and trying to put it in four scanlists will not work.

Note: if you update talkgroups you must do it manually for three of the sites as the import function will only recognize the original imported system.

nolinger

Premium Subscriber
I guess my trouble is that I’m use to the WS1065 feature of turning on “check all CC’s” had having all four site CC’s in one bank/scan list. That function is not available on the TRX-2 as I understand. So I assume I need each individual site CC’s in a separate scan list to be able to monitor all four from my home location. I miss a lot of conversations just listening to just one tower site. If that makes better sense.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I need each individual site CC’s in a separate scan list to be able to monitor all four from my home location. I miss a lot of conversations just listening to just one tower site. If that makes better sense.

If you want to be able to listen to each site individually you need to put the site in a separate system. You can use one scanlist or multiple scanlists that isn't the issue. If all four sites are in one system you can not separate the sites by scanlists only the talkgroups, which the scanner will check all sites for.

nolinger

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I think I understand. I need to import the system four separate times each with just the individual sites. Correct?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I think I understand. I need to import the system four separate times each with just the individual sites. Correct?

You can only import each system one time. If you want to separate out the sites into four different scanlists you can use the DUPLICATE feature in EZ Scan or you can manually add them. I have my state set up like that, one system has all sites for when I travel and the other three systems each have only one local site so I can listen to it individually. You can add all four sites in one system and it will pull traffic from all sites, but you can not separate the site traffic if you do it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.