Statewide burn ban in effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearing that Gov. Henry just issued a statewide burn ban. Charcoal grilling is still permitted at this time, though.

peterjmag

Time to get all those FD frequencies updated and ready to go it's looking like another long and smokey fire season ahead of us!

P.J.

CommShrek

About time...

I think the burn ban is a little late this time. It probably should have been instated a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, better late than never.

I found an out of control grass fire in Sapulpa last night about 0100 and called it in. It was in some heavy brush and was about 20 feet from a house when I found it. It was really starting to get after it.

Probably a good thing I got curious and went to see where all the smoke and the orange glow was coming from. I started to dismiss it as someone's burn pile but curiosity got the better of me. This time, I'm glad it did.

car2back

CommShrek said:
...I found an out of control grass fire in Sapulpa last night about 0100 and called it in. It was in some heavy brush and was about 20 feet from a house when I found it. It was really starting to get after it.

Probably a good thing I got curious and went to see where all the smoke and the orange glow was coming from. I started to dismiss it as someone's burn pile but curiosity got the better of me. This time, I'm glad it did.

where was it at? :D

car2back

Someone also had a controled burn going that night at the 201 mile marker on the east bound side of the Turner. We had 20-30 calls on hoot shift about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.